Six of nine Quetta church attack victims laid to rest
QUETTA: Final rites were carried out Monday for six of the nine victims who lost their lives Sunday in attack on Bethel Memorial Methodist church, Geo News reported.
The bodies were taken to ‘Gora Qabristan’ in Quetta Cantt for burial earlier in the day. The body of one of the remaining three deceased was sent to Lahore while final rites of the other two will be carried out Tuesday after their relatives arrive in Quetta. The nine deaths and injuries to over 50 people took place Sunday morning when a church on Zarghoon Road, was attacked by terrorists.
Balochistan Home Minister Mir Sarfraz Bugti told Geo News that two suicide bombers stormed the church, one of whom was shot dead at the entrance. The other suicide bomber blew himself up outside the church hall.
According to officials, the two suicide bombers were between the ages of 16 and 20. The suicide jacket which was defused contained 15 kg of explosive material. Balochistan IGP Moazzam Ansari confirmed to media that 400 people were present inside the church at the time of the attack and a major tragedy was avoided due to quick response of security forces.
“The suicide bombers were unable to enter the main building of the church. If they were able to do this and we did not have security deployed to neutralise them, they would have caused a lot of damage,” Ansari said, adding security forces have cleared the church.
-
AI Copyright Battle: ByteDance To Curb Seedance 2.0 Amid Disney Lawsuit Warning -
Savannah Guthrie In Tears As She Makes Desperate Plea To Mom's Kidnappers -
Canada’s Defence Industrial Strategy Targets 125,000 Jobs And Export Growth -
Tre Johnson, Former NFL Guard And Teacher, Passes Away At 54 -
Jerome Tang Calls Out Team After Embarrassing Home Defeat -
Cynthia Erivo Addresses Bizarre Rumour About Her Relationship With Ariana Grande -
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Spotted Cosying Up At NBA All-Star Game -
Lady Gaga Explains How Fibromyalgia Lets Her 'connect With People Who Have It' -
Metro Detroit Weather Forecast: Is The Polar Vortex Coming Back? -
Daniel Radcliffe Reveals Surprising Way Fatherhood Changed Him -
‘Disgraced’ Andrew At Risk Of Breaking Point As Epstein Scandal Continues -
Alan Cumming Shares Plans With 2026 Bafta Film Awards -
OpenClaw Founder Peter Steinberger Hired By OpenAI As AI Agent Race Heats Up -
Kate Middleton's Reaction To Harry Stepping Back From Royal Duties Laid Bare -
Rose Byrne Continues Winning Streak After Golden Globe Awards Victory -
Ice Hockey Olympics Update: Canada Stays Unbeaten With Dominant Win Over France