Notices issued in missing persons cases
The Sindh High Court issued notices to federal and provincial law officers as well as other respondents on Wednesday, seeking their comments at the next hearing of petitions challenging the alleged illegal detention of citizens by law enforcement agencies (LEAs).
Humera Younus, Saima Nadeem and Ishrat Bano said in their petitions that personnel of LEAs picked up Mohammad Irfan, Ahmed Wali, Nadeem Khan and Danish Iqbal from Nazimabad, Saudabad and other areas, but they did not take them to court. They said neither police were disclosing their whereabouts nor were the complaints being provided with details of cases, if any, against the detainees.
In another detention case, the court imposed a fine of Rs10,000 on the federal government for not filing comments.
Fozia Sultana said her spouse Riasatullah had been missing since November 18, 2015, from Orangi Town. The court directed the federal law officer to file comments.
-
Kate Middleton And Prince William ‘carry The Whole Thing’ In Royal Family -
Alex Rodriguez And Jaclyn Cordeiro Breakup After 3 Years -
Mandy Moore Opens Up About First Marriage To Ryan Adams -
Meta Settles First US Case Tied To Youth Mental Health -
Timothée Chalamet’s Family Clears Up Ballet Confusion -
International Court Of Justice Rules Workers Have Right To Strike Under Key Labour Law Treaty -
Prince William Unveils Bold New Vision -
'If I Do Attend, 'I Get Killed': President Trump On Son's Wedding -
Prince William Shares Emotional Update From Cornwall Development Site -
'Avatar: The Last Airbender' Season 2 Unleashes Explosive Earth Kingdom Chaos -
Fans React To Netflix Ending 'Emily In Paris' -
Old Kim Kardashian Video Linked To SKIMS Drug Shipment Case -
US Launches AI Initiative To Detect Fraud In Health Programs -
Demi Moore Video With 'General Hospital' Co-star Falsely Linked To Epstein Files -
King Charles Bakes Cake As Queen Camilla Discovers 'blind Date With Book' -
Keke Palmer Reveals Items She Takes From Film Sets In Surprising Confession