Five squash players denied England visa
KARACHI: Five Pakistan players who were supposed to participate in the British Junior Open 2017 had to miss the event after not being able to get the visas, ‘The News’ learnt on Tuesday.
These players entered their names in the BJO 2017, being held in Sheffield from January 2-6.
It is the second time that England has refused visas to Pakistan’s junior squash players. Last year, five players from Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa applied to participate in British Open 2016 but were refused visas.
“We could not get the visas. They promised to issue the visas but delayed it till the end. I don’t know what happened then,” said Pakistan Squash Federation (PSF) secretary Amir Nawaz.
He said that the players prefer playing in the US Junior Open — as around 12 players are competing there — and that low participation in the British Junior Open was expected.
However, Amir added that six junior players were successful in getting visas for the British Junior Open.
“Six players have got their visas for participation in the championship,” he said.
The players who entered their names and did not get visas are Abbas Zaib (under-15); Huzaifa Shahid and Farhan Hashmi (under-13); and Kashif Asif and Abbas Shoukat (under-19).
The PSF secretary said that due to security issues, it has now become difficult for Pakistani players to get visas for events held in Europe.
-
Dwayne Johnson Confesses What Secretly Scares Him More Than Fame -
Elizabeth Hurley's Son Damian Breaks Silence On Mom’s Romance With Billy Ray Cyrus -
Shamed Andrew Should Be Happy ‘he Is Only In For Sharing Information’ -
Daniel Radcliffe Wants Son To See Him As Just Dad, Not Harry Potter -
Apple Sued Over 'child Sexual Abuse' Material Stored Or Shared On ICloud -
Nancy Guthrie Kidnapped With 'blessings' Of Drug Cartels -
Hailey Bieber Reveals Justin Bieber's Hit Song Baby Jack Is Already Singing -
Emily Ratajkowski Appears To Confirm Romance With Dua Lipa's Ex Romain Gavras -
Leighton Meester Breaks Silence On Viral Ariana Grande Interaction On Critics Choice Awards -
Heavy Snowfall Disrupts Operations At Germany's Largest Airport -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Released Hours After Police Arrest -
Heidi Klum Eyes Spooky Season Anthem With Diplo After Being Dubbed 'Queen Of Halloween' -
King Charles Is In ‘unchartered Waters’ As Andrew Takes Family Down -
Why Prince Harry, Meghan 'immensely' Feel 'relieved' Amid Andrew's Arrest? -
Jennifer Aniston’s Boyfriend Jim Curtis Hints At Tensions At Home, Reveals Rules To Survive Fights -
Shamed Andrew ‘dismissive’ Act Towards Royal Butler Exposed