Over 63,000 Haj allocations from Pakistan’s quota lapse
Sardar said that previously payment of only 3600 applicants could be deposited by previous deadline of February 14
ISLAMABAD: Federal Minister for Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony, Sardar Muhammad Yousuf on Friday said that remaining thousands of applicants under private Haj scheme would not be able to perform this year.
Addressing a news conference here, the minister for religious affairs said that 25,698 intending pilgrims out of quota of nearly 89, 605 would be able to perform Haj this year. This means that Pakistan has surrendered a quota of 63,907 for the upcoming Haj.
The minister said the prime minister had already constituted a committee to investigate as to why the complete quota could not be utilised and strict action would be taken against those responsible.
Sardar Yousuf said that previously the payment of only 3600 applicants could be deposited by the previous deadline of February 14. Later the deadline was extended by one week and another 10,600 applications with payment were finalised.
However, following intervention by the foreign minister, his Saudi counterpart agreed to give quota of 10,000 in middle of April and a deadline of April 18 was given.
He said that some private operators blamed that they were not apprised of the deadline. “But as a matter of fact, their organisation was addressed letters on different occasion”, he said.
Hajj Organizers Association of Pakistan (HOAP) Chairman Zaeem Akhtar Siddiqui, earlier, had stated that Pakistan’s Haj policy was announced on November 27, 2024, with public sector applications beginning the next day and continuing until March 25.
However, the private sector was only allowed to start collecting applications from January 14, even though the Saudi system’s deadline was February 21.
To a question, the minister said that the ministry is ensuring to extend every possible facilities to intending Haj pilgrim in Saudi Arabia. He said the company not providing standard meal would be blacklisted.
He said that it would also be looked into as to how a blacklisted Saudi company was awarded the contract. He said the last pre-Haj flight will depart for Jeddah on May 31.
-
King Charles Holds Emergency Meeting After Andrew Arrest: 'Abdication Is Not Happening' -
Amazon Can Be Sued Over Sodium Nitrite Suicide Cases, US Court Rules -
'Vikings' Star Mourns Eric Dane's Death -
Patrick Dempsey Reveals Eric Dane's Condition In Final Days Before Death -
'Heartbroken' Nina Dobrev Mourns Death Of Eric Dane: 'He'll Be Deeply Missed' -
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s Arrest: What Happened When A Royal Was Last Tried? -
Alyssa Milano Expresses Grief Over Death Of 'Charmed' Co-star Eric Dane -
Prince William, Kate Middleton Camp Reacts To Meghan's Friend Remarks On Harry 'secret Olive Branch' -
Daniel Radcliffe Opens Up About 'The Wizard Of Oz' Offer -
Channing Tatum Reacts To UK's Action Against Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor -
Brooke Candy Announces Divorce From Kyle England After Seven Years Of Marriage -
Piers Morgan Makes Meaningful Plea To King Charles After Andrew Arrest -
Sir Elton John Details Struggle With Loss Of Vision: 'I Can't See' -
Epstein Estate To Pay $35M To Victims In Major Class Action Settlement -
Virginia Giuffre’s Brother Speaks Directly To King Charles In An Emotional Message About Andrew -
Reddit Tests AI-powered Shopping Results In Search