Real Madrid’s Rudiger, Mendy and Alaba out injured until end of season
MADRID: Real Madrid defender Antonio Rudiger is set to miss up to eight weeks after undergoing surgery on a knee injury on Tuesday.
Spanish and European champions Madrid also lost Ferland Mendy to a quadriceps injury, with the left-back likely out for at least two months. Fellow defender David Alaba joined his team-mates on the long-term injury list after it was announced by the club he had been “diagnosed with an internal meniscus tear in his left knee”.
Rudiger was also banned on Tuesday for six matches after hurling an object at the referee during the Copa del Rey final defeat by Barcelona last weekend. “Rudiger underwent surgery today (Tuesday) for a tear in the outer meniscus of his left knee,” said Real Madrid in a statement, without specifying the expected length of his absence.
Spanish media reported Rudiger will miss between six and eight weeks during his recovery process. Madrid have five La Liga matches remaining. He will serve the final game of the ban at the start of next season.
The 32-year-old German centre-back may still be able to participate in Real Madrid´s Club World Cup campaign this summer in the United States, with the tournament beginning June 14.
-
Daniel Radcliffe Admits To Being Self Conscious While Filming 'Harry Potter' In Late Teens -
Director Beth De Araujo Alludes To Andrew's Arrest During Child Trauma Talk -
Video Of Andrew 'consoling' Eugenie Resurfaces After Release From Police Custody -
'Harry Potter' Alum Daniel Radcliffe Gushes About Unique Work Ethic Of Late Co Star Michael Gambon -
Japan: PM Takaichi Flags China ‘Coercion,’ Pledges Defence Security Overhaul -
Angorie Rice Spills The Beans On Major Details From Season 2 Of ' The Last Thing He Told Me' -
Questions Raised Over Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Line Of Succession -
'Shameless' Sarah Ferguson 'pressuring' Princess Eugenie, Beatrice For Major Reason -
Teacher Arrested After Confessing To Cocaine Use During Classes -
Paul McCartney Talks 'very Emotional' Footage Of Late Wife Linda In New Doc -
Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie's Response To Andrew's Arrest Revealed -
King Charles And Princess Anne Bestow Honours At Windsor Castle -
King Charles 'worried' As Buckingham Palace, Royal Family Facing 'biggest Crisis' -
Milo Ventimiglia Recalls First Meeting With Arielle Kebbel On The Sets Of 'Gilmore Girls' Amid New Project -
Eric Dane Infuriated After ALS Diagnosis As He Feared The Disease Would Take Him Away From His Girls -
It's A Boy! Luke Combs, Wife Nicole Welcome Third Child