Court dismisses bail plea of TV anchor’s alleged killer
A sessions court on Saturday dismissed a second bail application filed by the main accused in a case pertaining to the murder of TV anchorperson Mureed Abbas and his friend over financial transactions.
Atif Zaman had been charged with killing his two business partners Mureed Abbas and Khizar Hayat in the Bukhari Commercial area of Defence on July 10, 2019.
Additional Sessions Judge (South) Abdul Hafeez Lashari, who is conducting the trial in the judicial complex inside the central prison, announced his order on the bail plea of the accused after hearing arguments from both sides. He ruled that the accused was not entitled to concession of bail and therefore dismissed his bail application.
The defence lawyer contended that the accused has been behind bars for more than five years and the trial has not concluded yet. He said his client deserved to be released on bail on the ground of delay in the conclusion of the trial.
On the other hand, the state prosecutor as well as the complainant's lawyer opposed the bail, arguing that there was sufficient evidence to link the accused with the commission of the offence.
An FIR was lodged at the Darakhshan police station under Section 302 (premeditated murder) of the Pakistan Penal Code on the complaint of the anchorperson's wife Sidra Abbas.
-
Japan: PM Takaichi Flags China ‘Coercion,’ Pledges Defence Security Overhaul -
Angorie Rice Spills The Beans On Major Details From Season 2 Of ' The Last Thing He Told Me' -
Questions Raised Over Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Line Of Succession -
'Shameless' Sarah Ferguson 'pressuring' Princess Eugenie, Beatrice For Major Reason -
Teacher Arrested After Confessing To Cocaine Use During Classes -
Paul McCartney Talks 'very Emotional' Footage Of Late Wife Linda In New Doc -
Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie's Response To Andrew's Arrest Revealed -
King Charles And Princess Anne Bestow Honours At Windsor Castle -
King Charles 'worried' As Buckingham Palace, Royal Family Facing 'biggest Crisis' -
Milo Ventimiglia Recalls First Meeting With Arielle Kebbel On The Sets Of 'Gilmore Girls' Amid New Project -
Eric Dane Infuriated After ALS Diagnosis As He Feared The Disease Would Take Him Away From His Girls -
It's A Boy! Luke Combs, Wife Nicole Welcome Third Child -
Leading Astrophysicist Shot Dead At Southern California Home -
Johnny Depp's Kind Gesture Towards Late 'Grey's Anatomy' Actor Eric Dane Before Death Laid Bare -
How Princess Eugenie, Beatrice React To Andrew Arrest? -
Kylie Jenner 'convinced' Gwyneth Paltrow Is 'crushing' On Timothee Chalamet: 'It's Disrespectful'