13 militants involved in Turbat massacre killed in FC operation
QUETTA: Thirteen militants, the commander of a banned outfit among them, were killed in Turbat, an FC official said here on Monday. Those killed were allegedly involved in the killing of 20 labourers, employees of the military’s construction company.A commander of the proscribed organisation, Hayat, was killed while another commander
By our correspondents
April 14, 2015
QUETTA: Thirteen militants, the commander of a banned outfit among them, were killed in Turbat, an FC official said here on Monday.
Those killed were allegedly involved in the killing of 20 labourers, employees of the military’s construction company.A commander of the proscribed organisation, Hayat, was killed while another commander Zareef was arrested, the Frontier Corps spokesman said.
“On a tip-off, the Frontier Corps launched an operation in the Gubain area of Turbat and shot dead 13 militants,” the spokesman said.He further said that the banned outfit commander Hayat died due to gunshot wounds while another commander, identified as Zareef, was held during the operation.
Reacting to the killing of labourers, Chief Minister Dr Abdul Malik had formed a joint investigation team to probe the incident, directing officials to submit the report within a week.A special cell was also established asking the people to provide any clue leading to the culprits. — APP
AFP adds: Immediately following the killings, security forces launched a search operation in the barren mountainous area and have so far killed 13 militants, with the fighting ongoing.
Provincial home secretary Akbar Hussain Durrani confirmed the militant death toll.INP adds: Unknown armed men gunned down a local doctor on Monday and fled. Police said that armed men who came on a motorcycle sprayed bullets on a clinic situated in the Bhag area of district Bolan in Balochistan.
As a result of the firing, the doctor running the clinic died on the spot while the assailants managed to escape. The body was shifted to a hospital where it was handed over to the police after medico-legal formalities. Police fear that the incident seems to be the outcome of personal enmity. However, a case has been registered against the unidentified attackers and an investigation was in progress.
Those killed were allegedly involved in the killing of 20 labourers, employees of the military’s construction company.A commander of the proscribed organisation, Hayat, was killed while another commander Zareef was arrested, the Frontier Corps spokesman said.
“On a tip-off, the Frontier Corps launched an operation in the Gubain area of Turbat and shot dead 13 militants,” the spokesman said.He further said that the banned outfit commander Hayat died due to gunshot wounds while another commander, identified as Zareef, was held during the operation.
Reacting to the killing of labourers, Chief Minister Dr Abdul Malik had formed a joint investigation team to probe the incident, directing officials to submit the report within a week.A special cell was also established asking the people to provide any clue leading to the culprits. — APP
AFP adds: Immediately following the killings, security forces launched a search operation in the barren mountainous area and have so far killed 13 militants, with the fighting ongoing.
Provincial home secretary Akbar Hussain Durrani confirmed the militant death toll.INP adds: Unknown armed men gunned down a local doctor on Monday and fled. Police said that armed men who came on a motorcycle sprayed bullets on a clinic situated in the Bhag area of district Bolan in Balochistan.
As a result of the firing, the doctor running the clinic died on the spot while the assailants managed to escape. The body was shifted to a hospital where it was handed over to the police after medico-legal formalities. Police fear that the incident seems to be the outcome of personal enmity. However, a case has been registered against the unidentified attackers and an investigation was in progress.
-
Chinese New Year Explained: All You Need To Know About The Year Of The Horse -
Canadian Passport Holders Can Now Travel To China Visa-free: Here's How -
Glen Powell Reveals Wild Prank That Left Sister Hunting Jail Cells -
Edmonton Weather Warning: Up To 30 Cm Of Snow Possible In Parts Of Alberta -
'A Knight Of The Seven Kingdoms' Episode 5: What Time It Airs And Where To Stream -
Amy Schumer Drops Cryptic Message On First Valentine Amid Divorce -
Savannah Guthrie Sends Desperate Plea To Mom Nancy Kidnapper -
NBA All-Star 2026 Shake-up: Inside The New USA Vs World Tournament Format -
Warner Bros Consider Reopening Deal Talks With Paramount, Says Reports -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Faces Future With UK MPs, Says Expert -
Eva Mendes Shared Bedroom Photos For Ryan Gosling On Valentine’s -
Shamed Andrew Told 'nobody Is Above The Law' Amid Harrowing Silence -
Gisele Bundchen Melts Hearts With Sweet Bike Ride Glimpse Featuring Son -
Prince William Found Meghan Markle ‘quite Refreshing’ At Start -
Kate Middleton Knew Should Could Not Be ‘voice Of Reason’ With Prince Harry -
Rihanna Has Wardrobe Malfunction At A$AP Rocky Fashion Show