Daesh militants behind Pak Embassy attack killed in Kabul operation: Afghan Taliban
KABUL: The Taliban government in Afghanistan Thursday announced its forces killed several militants, most of them foreign nationals, from a Daesh network that was behind the attack on the Pakistan Embassy in Kabul last month.
On December 2, Daesh militants stormed the Pakistan Embassy in Kabul, targeting Chargé d’Affaires (CdA) to Afghanistan Ubaid-ur-Rehman Nizamani. The diplomat escaped the attack unharmed, but his bodyguard was critically wounded by the gunshots.
The terrorist group had claimed responsibility for the attack, verifying their target was the Pakistani envoy.
In a statement on Twitter Thursday, the Taliban spokesperson Zabihullah Mujahid said the Afghan security forces carried out operations in Kabul against a network of Daesh that perpetrated attacks on the Pakistani mission and a hotel where Chinese nationals were staying.
Zabiullah added that they targeted three hideouts in the Shahadai Salehin and Qalacha districts of Kabul’s eighth district and the city of Zaranj, the centre of Nimroz province.
As a result, the hideout was destroyed, eight foreign nationals of Daesh were killed, and seven were captured alive, the spokesperson said. “Many small arms, hand grenades, mines, vests and explosives were also recovered from their possession,” he said adding, “Several suspicious people were also detained for further investigation”.
It is important to note that the Foreign Office had recalled envoy Ubaid-ur-Rehman Nizamani for consultation amid the worsening law and order situation in the Afghan capital.
“By the grace of Allah Almighty, the Head of Mission is safe. However, a Pakistani security guard Sepoy Israr Mohammad has been critically injured in the attack while protecting the Head of Mission,” the FO said in a statement immediately after the attack.
In the wake of the attack, Pakistan demanded the Afghan government to immediately hold thorough investigations into the attack, apprehend the culprits, hold them to account, and take urgent measures to ensure the safety and security of Pakistani diplomatic personnel and citizens in Afghanistan.
China had asked its nationals to leave Afghanistan after five Chinese were injured in the attack on December 12.
According to Mujahid, Afghan forces conducted operations in Kabul and Nimroz provinces against Daesh militants involved in terrorist activities.
-
AI Copyright Battle: ByteDance To Curb Seedance 2.0 Amid Disney Lawsuit Warning -
Savannah Guthrie In Tears As She Makes Desperate Plea To Mom's Kidnappers -
Canada’s Defence Industrial Strategy Targets 125,000 Jobs And Export Growth -
Tre Johnson, Former NFL Guard And Teacher, Passes Away At 54 -
Jerome Tang Calls Out Team After Embarrassing Home Defeat -
Cynthia Erivo Addresses Bizarre Rumour About Her Relationship With Ariana Grande -
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Spotted Cosying Up At NBA All-Star Game -
Lady Gaga Explains How Fibromyalgia Lets Her 'connect With People Who Have It' -
Metro Detroit Weather Forecast: Is The Polar Vortex Coming Back? -
Daniel Radcliffe Reveals Surprising Way Fatherhood Changed Him -
‘Disgraced’ Andrew At Risk Of Breaking Point As Epstein Scandal Continues -
Alan Cumming Shares Plans With 2026 Bafta Film Awards -
OpenClaw Founder Peter Steinberger Hired By OpenAI As AI Agent Race Heats Up -
Kate Middleton's Reaction To Harry Stepping Back From Royal Duties Laid Bare -
Rose Byrne Continues Winning Streak After Golden Globe Awards Victory -
Ice Hockey Olympics Update: Canada Stays Unbeaten With Dominant Win Over France