close
Advertisement
Can't connect right now! retry

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!

Entertainment

Web Desk
April 15, 2019

First look of SP Chaudhry Aslam's biopic leaves viewers stunned

Entertainment

Web Desk
Mon, Apr 15, 2019

Makers of biopic based on the life and times of Pakistan's highly revered  Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Chaudhary Aslam have released its first look that is sure to leave viewers stunned. 

The biopic, namely 'Chaudhry: The Martyr' pays homage to Chaudhry Aslam known for his audacious services to Sindh Police. 

The poster shows Chaudhry Aslam, played by famed actor Tariq Islam, in his signature white shalwaar kameez   style.

The movie also stars  Arbaaz Khan in the role of SSP Rao Anwar. 

According to sources, 90% of the movie's shooting is  done in Karachi while the rest 10% in Abbotabad.

The film will also showcase some important incidents that have occurred in Karachi involving SSP Aslam. 

To show Aslam’s real struggle in the movie, the actors  are getting trained under Services of Special Unit (SSU).

Chaudhry Aslam embraced martyrdom on 9th January, 2015 after succumbing to a terror attack on Lyari Expressway.

Meanwhile, 'Chaudhry: The Martyr' is expected to release next year.