Contempt case against Ahsan Iqbal dropped
LAHORE: The Lahore High court on Monday dropped contempt of court charges against former interior minister Ahsan Iqbal after accepting his apology tendered before the court on previous hearing.
The full bench headed by Justice Sayyed Mazahar Ali Akbar Naqvi, however, warned Ahsan Iqbal, who was present in the court, to remain careful in future. Addressing Ahsan Iqbal, Justice Naqvi said, “The people who spoke unbridled are facing the consequences. You should not follow their footsteps. Don’t consider the current rulers are your opponent. If you can contribute to the progress of this country, you should do it.”
Ahsan Iqbal was facing charges of committing contempt of court by delivering an objectionable speech against Chief Justice of Pakistan Mian Saqib Nisar. Previously, he along with his counsel Azam Nazir Tarar appeared before the bench and submitted his written reply. However, the bench rejected the reply and noted that the former minister sought an apology from the court but did not use the word “apology” in his reply.
Advocate Tarar had requested the bench to allow more time to make necessary changes in the written reply. Later, talking to media persons, Ahsan said the dam issue should be taken seriously but it seemed that the present government was only interested in collection donation. He pointed out that his party would not hold sit-ins or lockdowns but oppose the government in the parliament. He apprehended the present government could stop the CPEC project.
-
Jerome Tang Calls Out Team After Embarrassing Home Defeat -
Cynthia Erivo Addresses Bizarre Rumour About Her Relationship With Ariana Grande -
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Spotted Cosying Up At NBA All-Star Game -
Lady Gaga Explains How Fibromyalgia Lets Her 'connect With People Who Have It' -
Metro Detroit Weather Forecast: Is The Polar Vortex Coming Back? -
Daniel Radcliffe Reveals Surprising Way Fatherhood Changed Him -
‘Disgraced’ Andrew At Risk Of Breaking Point As Epstein Scandal Continues -
Alan Cumming Shares Plans With 2026 Bafta Film Awards -
OpenClaw Founder Peter Steinberger Hired By OpenAI As AI Agent Race Heats Up -
Kate Middleton's Reaction To Harry Stepping Back From Royal Duties Laid Bare -
Rose Byrne Continues Winning Streak After Golden Globe Awards Victory -
Ice Hockey Olympics Update: Canada Stays Unbeaten With Dominant Win Over France -
Brooklyn Beckham Makes This Promise To Nicola Peltz Amid Family Feud -
Chinese New Year Explained: All You Need To Know About The Year Of The Horse -
Canadian Passport Holders Can Now Travel To China Visa-free: Here's How -
Maya Hawke Marries Christian Lee Hutson In New York Ceremony