Second phase of schools enrollment campaign launched
PESHAWAR: Khyber Pakhtun- khwa Minister for Information and Higher Education Mushtaq Ahmad Ghani has said that the government has set a target of enrolling 0.8 million children in schools.Speaking on the launching of the second phase of enrollment campaign across the province on Tuesday, he said that the education sector
By our correspondents
September 09, 2015
PESHAWAR: Khyber Pakhtun- khwa Minister for Information and Higher Education Mushtaq Ahmad Ghani has said that the government has set a target of enrolling 0.8 million children in schools.
Speaking on the launching of the second phase of enrollment campaign across the province on Tuesday, he said that the education sector was a priority of his government.
Ghani said that 15,000 teachers had been appointed through NTS across the province while Rs10 billion had been allocated for the provision of basic facilities in schools last year.
The minister said that his governments had replaced the two rooms and two teachers concept and with six rooms and six teachers. He said that 2.1 million chairs were required in government schools for students and the government allocated Rs 3 billion for purchasing chairs for schools.
Additional Secretary Elementary and Secondary Education Qaiser Alam said that the PTI government allocated Rs102 billion for education sector which is 38 percent of total budget. He said that Rs800 million had been allocated for teachers training last year and 23000 teachers were trained, adding that Rs800million was allocated for the same purpose during the current year. Peshawar District Nazim Muhammad Asim Khan, Director Elementary and Secondary Education Rafiq Khattak, Education Department employees, school- children and members of civil society were present as well.
Speaking on the launching of the second phase of enrollment campaign across the province on Tuesday, he said that the education sector was a priority of his government.
Ghani said that 15,000 teachers had been appointed through NTS across the province while Rs10 billion had been allocated for the provision of basic facilities in schools last year.
The minister said that his governments had replaced the two rooms and two teachers concept and with six rooms and six teachers. He said that 2.1 million chairs were required in government schools for students and the government allocated Rs 3 billion for purchasing chairs for schools.
Additional Secretary Elementary and Secondary Education Qaiser Alam said that the PTI government allocated Rs102 billion for education sector which is 38 percent of total budget. He said that Rs800 million had been allocated for teachers training last year and 23000 teachers were trained, adding that Rs800million was allocated for the same purpose during the current year. Peshawar District Nazim Muhammad Asim Khan, Director Elementary and Secondary Education Rafiq Khattak, Education Department employees, school- children and members of civil society were present as well.
-
Pamela Anderson, David Hasselhoff's Return To Reimagined Version Of 'Baywatch' Confirmed By Star -
Willie Colón, Salsa Legend, Dies At 75 -
Prince Edward Praised After Andrew's Arrest: 'Scandal-free Brother' -
Shawn Levy Recalls Learning Key Comedy Tactic In 'The Pink Panther' -
King Charles Fears More Trouble As Monarchy Faces Growing Pressure -
Inside Channing Tatum's Red Carpet Return After Shoulder Surgery -
Ryan Coogler Brands 'When Harry Met Sally' His Most Favourite Rom Com While Discussing Love For Verstality -
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again