Citizens now have three months to sort out driving licence issues
Additional IG Traffic Khadim Hussain Bhatti extends deadline as home department pulls up IGP Jamali for mismanaged drive
By Azeem Samar
November 04, 2015
Karachi
The duration to be able to renew and obtain driving licenses was extended by three months on Tuesday on the directives of Additional Inspector General of Sindh Traffic Police Khadim Hussain Bhatti.
A day earlier on Monday, Sindh Home Minister Sohail Anwar Siyal had issued orders to extend the deadline of a crackdown against unlicensed drivers by a month, following the chaos that had erupted at driving licences branches when citizens thronged to get their documents renewed.
Meanwhile, the home department wrote a letter to the Sindh IGP Ghulam Hyder Jamali expressing ire over the mismanagement at driving license branches.
According to the orders of Additional IG Bhatti, during these three months citizens do not face any threat of being imprisoned at the hands of the police. It was said while the traffic police would continue their crackdown against the unlicensed driving of motor vehicles, but instead of arresting violators police personnel will issue fines to the people found driving vehicles without having valid documents.
The Additional IG issued these directives when he visited the driving license branches in Clifton, Korangi, and Nazimabad, where he also asked citizens about the problems being faced by them. Meanwhile, traffic police authorities have clarified that Section 97 of the Provincial Motor Vehicles Ordinance 1965 fully authorised the traffic police personnel to initiate proceedings of up to six months of imprisonment or a fine up to Rs500 for people driving in public places without valid driving licenses.
Home secretary's letter
Meanwhile, additional chief secretary for Sindh government’s home department, Muhammad Waseem, in a correspondence with Sindh IGP expressed his ire over the recently launched campaign of traffic police in Karachi against unlicensed driving of vehicles.
The correspondence conveyed resentment over the scenes of mismanagement and chaos at the three driving license branches in the city, causing immense hardships to applicants the previous day. The letter stated that the traffic police personnel were found in a helpless state during the campaign against and urged the police chief to launch an informed campaign after consulting with the relevant stakeholders.
The duration to be able to renew and obtain driving licenses was extended by three months on Tuesday on the directives of Additional Inspector General of Sindh Traffic Police Khadim Hussain Bhatti.
A day earlier on Monday, Sindh Home Minister Sohail Anwar Siyal had issued orders to extend the deadline of a crackdown against unlicensed drivers by a month, following the chaos that had erupted at driving licences branches when citizens thronged to get their documents renewed.
Meanwhile, the home department wrote a letter to the Sindh IGP Ghulam Hyder Jamali expressing ire over the mismanagement at driving license branches.
According to the orders of Additional IG Bhatti, during these three months citizens do not face any threat of being imprisoned at the hands of the police. It was said while the traffic police would continue their crackdown against the unlicensed driving of motor vehicles, but instead of arresting violators police personnel will issue fines to the people found driving vehicles without having valid documents.
The Additional IG issued these directives when he visited the driving license branches in Clifton, Korangi, and Nazimabad, where he also asked citizens about the problems being faced by them. Meanwhile, traffic police authorities have clarified that Section 97 of the Provincial Motor Vehicles Ordinance 1965 fully authorised the traffic police personnel to initiate proceedings of up to six months of imprisonment or a fine up to Rs500 for people driving in public places without valid driving licenses.
Home secretary's letter
Meanwhile, additional chief secretary for Sindh government’s home department, Muhammad Waseem, in a correspondence with Sindh IGP expressed his ire over the recently launched campaign of traffic police in Karachi against unlicensed driving of vehicles.
The correspondence conveyed resentment over the scenes of mismanagement and chaos at the three driving license branches in the city, causing immense hardships to applicants the previous day. The letter stated that the traffic police personnel were found in a helpless state during the campaign against and urged the police chief to launch an informed campaign after consulting with the relevant stakeholders.
-
AI Copyright Battle: ByteDance To Curb Seedance 2.0 Amid Disney Lawsuit Warning -
Savannah Guthrie In Tears As She Makes Desperate Plea To Mom's Kidnappers -
Canada’s Defence Industrial Strategy Targets 125,000 Jobs And Export Growth -
Tre Johnson, Former NFL Guard And Teacher, Passes Away At 54 -
Jerome Tang Calls Out Team After Embarrassing Home Defeat -
Cynthia Erivo Addresses Bizarre Rumour About Her Relationship With Ariana Grande -
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Spotted Cosying Up At NBA All-Star Game -
Lady Gaga Explains How Fibromyalgia Lets Her 'connect With People Who Have It' -
Metro Detroit Weather Forecast: Is The Polar Vortex Coming Back? -
Daniel Radcliffe Reveals Surprising Way Fatherhood Changed Him -
‘Disgraced’ Andrew At Risk Of Breaking Point As Epstein Scandal Continues -
Alan Cumming Shares Plans With 2026 Bafta Film Awards -
OpenClaw Founder Peter Steinberger Hired By OpenAI As AI Agent Race Heats Up -
Kate Middleton's Reaction To Harry Stepping Back From Royal Duties Laid Bare -
Rose Byrne Continues Winning Streak After Golden Globe Awards Victory -
Ice Hockey Olympics Update: Canada Stays Unbeaten With Dominant Win Over France