Only one-month fee can be charged: LHC
Summer vacation
By our correspondents
May 29, 2015
LAHORE: The Lahore High Court (LHC) on Thursday directed that private schools could only collect summer vacation fee from students’ parents for one month.
Justice Ali Akbar Qureshi passed the orders while hearing a petition moved by Advocate Sheeba Qaisar.The judge restrained all private schools from collecting the summer vacation fee in advance and directed them to act upon the notification issued by the provincial government in this regard.
The judge observed that the government often gives advertisements in the media but does not bother to issue advertisements beneficial for the public.The lawyer-petitioner told the judge that the Punjab government had already issued a notification and stopped the private schools from collecting the fee for summer vacations in advance, but the schools were forcing students to pay the fee in advance, which was creating problems for students and their parents. The Education Department officials present in the courtroom said they had not received any complaint from parents or students in this regard.
On this, Justice Qureshi remarked that concealing facts could not be tolerated and directed the officials to advertise that notification in newspapers.The judge also directed the education officials to take action against those schools which were charging full summer vacation fee collectively and submit a report on the next hearing. The court adjourned the hearing till June 2.
Justice Ali Akbar Qureshi passed the orders while hearing a petition moved by Advocate Sheeba Qaisar.The judge restrained all private schools from collecting the summer vacation fee in advance and directed them to act upon the notification issued by the provincial government in this regard.
The judge observed that the government often gives advertisements in the media but does not bother to issue advertisements beneficial for the public.The lawyer-petitioner told the judge that the Punjab government had already issued a notification and stopped the private schools from collecting the fee for summer vacations in advance, but the schools were forcing students to pay the fee in advance, which was creating problems for students and their parents. The Education Department officials present in the courtroom said they had not received any complaint from parents or students in this regard.
On this, Justice Qureshi remarked that concealing facts could not be tolerated and directed the officials to advertise that notification in newspapers.The judge also directed the education officials to take action against those schools which were charging full summer vacation fee collectively and submit a report on the next hearing. The court adjourned the hearing till June 2.
-
AI Copyright Battle: ByteDance To Curb Seedance 2.0 Amid Disney Lawsuit Warning -
Savannah Guthrie In Tears As She Makes Desperate Plea To Mom's Kidnappers -
Canada’s Defence Industrial Strategy Targets 125,000 Jobs And Export Growth -
Tre Johnson, Former NFL Guard And Teacher, Passes Away At 54 -
Jerome Tang Calls Out Team After Embarrassing Home Defeat -
Cynthia Erivo Addresses Bizarre Rumour About Her Relationship With Ariana Grande -
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Spotted Cosying Up At NBA All-Star Game -
Lady Gaga Explains How Fibromyalgia Lets Her 'connect With People Who Have It' -
Metro Detroit Weather Forecast: Is The Polar Vortex Coming Back? -
Daniel Radcliffe Reveals Surprising Way Fatherhood Changed Him -
‘Disgraced’ Andrew At Risk Of Breaking Point As Epstein Scandal Continues -
Alan Cumming Shares Plans With 2026 Bafta Film Awards -
OpenClaw Founder Peter Steinberger Hired By OpenAI As AI Agent Race Heats Up -
Kate Middleton's Reaction To Harry Stepping Back From Royal Duties Laid Bare -
Rose Byrne Continues Winning Streak After Golden Globe Awards Victory -
Ice Hockey Olympics Update: Canada Stays Unbeaten With Dominant Win Over France