Dwayne Bravo quits Tests
KINGSTON: West Indies all-rounder Dwayne Bravo has announced his retirement from Test cricket, but wants to continue representing the side in limited-overs games.In a statement announcing his retirement, Bravo said it was a “difficult time” for West Indies cricket and those associated with it, but added that he still wanted to
By our correspondents
February 01, 2015
KINGSTON: West Indies all-rounder Dwayne Bravo has announced his retirement from Test cricket, but wants to continue representing the side in limited-overs games.
In a statement announcing his retirement, Bravo said it was a “difficult time” for West Indies cricket and those associated with it, but added that he still wanted to “serve” the fraternity with “the pride of being a West Indian.”
Bravo had not played Tests since December 2010, and his decision comes after he lost the ODI captaincy to Jason Holder and was then axed from the one-day side for the tour of South Africa and also the World Cup.
West Indies had pulled out from their tour of India last year under Bravo’s leadership over a payment dispute with their board and players association. Bravo was picked for the T20 internationals against South Africa and was also given a central contract by the board. “Today I am announcing my retirement from Test cricket,” Bravo said.
In a statement announcing his retirement, Bravo said it was a “difficult time” for West Indies cricket and those associated with it, but added that he still wanted to “serve” the fraternity with “the pride of being a West Indian.”
Bravo had not played Tests since December 2010, and his decision comes after he lost the ODI captaincy to Jason Holder and was then axed from the one-day side for the tour of South Africa and also the World Cup.
West Indies had pulled out from their tour of India last year under Bravo’s leadership over a payment dispute with their board and players association. Bravo was picked for the T20 internationals against South Africa and was also given a central contract by the board. “Today I am announcing my retirement from Test cricket,” Bravo said.
-
Jerome Tang Calls Out Team After Embarrassing Home Defeat -
Cynthia Erivo Addresses Bizarre Rumour About Her Relationship With Ariana Grande -
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Spotted Cosying Up At NBA All-Star Game -
Lady Gaga Explains How Fibromyalgia Lets Her 'connect With People Who Have It' -
Metro Detroit Weather Forecast: Is The Polar Vortex Coming Back? -
Daniel Radcliffe Reveals Surprising Way Fatherhood Changed Him -
‘Disgraced’ Andrew At Risk Of Breaking Point As Epstein Scandal Continues -
Alan Cumming Shares Plans With 2026 Bafta Film Awards -
OpenClaw Founder Peter Steinberger Hired By OpenAI As AI Agent Race Heats Up -
Kate Middleton's Reaction To Harry Stepping Back From Royal Duties Laid Bare -
Rose Byrne Continues Winning Streak After Golden Globe Awards Victory -
Ice Hockey Olympics Update: Canada Stays Unbeaten With Dominant Win Over France -
Brooklyn Beckham Makes This Promise To Nicola Peltz Amid Family Feud -
Chinese New Year Explained: All You Need To Know About The Year Of The Horse -
Canadian Passport Holders Can Now Travel To China Visa-free: Here's How -
Maya Hawke Marries Christian Lee Hutson In New York Ceremony