Nasir holds meeting to identify problems faced by mourners in Muharram
Sindh Minister for Local Government and Information Syed Nasir Hussain Shah has said that foolproof security arrangements would be ensured across the province during Muharramul Haram and a comprehensive security plan would be devised with the consultation of Rangers, police and other law enforcement agencies.
This he said while presiding over a high-level meeting regarding Muharram at the Sindh Secretariat on Monday. The meeting was attended by bureaucrats, security officers and scholars.
The minister said it was the first meeting convened to identify issues faced by participants of Muharram processions and Majalis. He hoped that the outcome of the preliminary meeting would be useful for making a comprehensive plan to address the issues.
He added that a second meeting would be chaired by Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah in this regard. Nasir said Special Assistant to Chief Minister Waqar Mehdi had been assigned the supervision of all Muharram arrangements in the Karachi division.
He assured of special cleanliness and lighting arrangements at and around Imambargahs and on the procession routes during the month. The water board had been given instructions to ensure supply of water during Muharram, he said.
He added that peace committees would also be formed at the district level comprising scholars of all schools of thought. The local government minister made it clear that the Sindh government had to make arrangements for Muharram within the limits of the cantonment boards as well or anywhere else. He asked the authorities to stop passing responsibility.
Nasir directed the Karachi Metropolitan Corporation and District Municipal Corporations administrators to ensure the required arrangements during Muharram. He also urged the Ulema to strictly follow the Covid-19 SoPs. He asked them to convince in their sermons the general public to get themselves vaccinated.
Shia scholars expressed gratitude to the Sindh government for convening the meeting. They said the Sindh government had made proper arrangements during Muharram in the past and expressed the hope that reasonable arrangements would also be made this year.
They added that they were ready to extend full cooperation with the Sindh government. They called for committees of Ulema at the district level and pointed out that every year a list of firebrand speakers was issued to ban their entry in different districts during Muharram. This list should be issued earlier so that they could organise Majalis accordingly, they added.
-
WhatsApp Rolls Out Group Message History To Ease Group Chats -
Tesla Expands Cybertruck Lineup With Affordable Model In US, Slashes Cyberbeast Price To Boost Demand -
AI Is Not As Powerful As We Think, Says Mathematician Hannah Fry -
How Andrew's Feeling Since His Arrest & Subsequent Release Amid Tech & Computers Seize -
Trump Officially Directs US Agencies To Identify And Release Files On Extraterrestrial Life -
2026 Winter Olympics: Alysa Liu Claims Gold, Snapping 20-year Drought For US Figure Skating -
Hilary Duff Opens Up About Marriage Fears Despite Strong Bond With Matthew Koma -
‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Star Eric Dane Breathes His Last At 53 -
Donald Trump Breaks Silence On Andrew’s Arrest: ‘It’s A Shame’ -
DJ Khaled Shares Weight Loss Progress -
Jennifer Aniston And Jim Curtis Share How They Handle Relationship Conflicts -
Shamed Andrew Real Birthday Plans As Cops Showed Up At Door -
Pete Davidson’s Girlfriend Elsie Hewitt Says 'everything Hurts' After Sudden Medical Emergency -
Princess Beatrice 17 Holidays Per Year Exposed Amid Andrew Arrest -
Who Is 'Queen Of Woke'? UK First Female Civil Head -
Dwayne Johnson Confesses What Secretly Scares Him More Than Fame