PPP rejects cabinet decision to approve Census 2017
ISLAMABAD: The Pakistan Peoples Party on Tuesday rejected the cabinet decision to approve the Census 2017, saying that it is unbelievable that the Council of Common Interests could validate a massive fraud in the shape of the Census 2017 against the right of people of Sindh to be counted correctly.
“All parties of the Senate had signed an agreement for a recount in 5% population blocks and the correction of the census figures and this agreement bears the signatures of Senator Azam Swati who at that time was parliamentary leader of the PTI,” said Senator Taj Haider, member, PPP Core Committee, in a statement on the validation of the provisional figures of census by the CCI. He said the agreement of all leaders of parliamentary parties in the Senate to correct census figures concluded with the then prime minister Shahid Khakan Abbasi in the chair was a trick played against Sindh by the PML-N government to get the 24th Amendment passed.
He said the present government instead of implementing that agreement is promising fresh census in 2023 which is yet another deception. No one can trust this government, he said. Sindh is not prepared to be deceived twice on the same issue. “This government has come into power through an electoral fraud and its record shows that it wants to perpetuate every fraud against the people of Pakistan,” he said, adding that in spite of the chief minister Sindh reminding the other CCI members again and again that migrants from other provinces into Sindh had been counted in the fraudulent census in their original provinces and not in Sindh.
He said the real population of Sindh counted in different surveys by internationally accepted de facto method is around 62 million and not 47 million as counted by the anti-Sindh de jure method. He said the loss of representation and divisible resources due to this fraud can never be ignored by the people of Sindh. “Even livestock animals are counted correctly, why not Sindhis,” he questioned.
-
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final -
Nvidia CEO Praises Elon Musk, Calls Him An ‘extraordinary Engineer' -
Shia LaBeouf's Mugshot Released After Mardi Gras Arrest On Battery Allegations In New Orleans -
Timothee Chalamet Felt '17 Again' After Reunion With 'Interstellar' Director Christopher Nolan -
Conan O'Brien Speaks First Time After Rob Reiner's Killing -
Giant Tortoise Reintroduced To Island After Almost 200 Years -
Eric Dane Drops Raw Confession For Rebecca Gayheart In Final Interview -
Trump Announces New 10% Global Tariff After Supreme Court Setback -
Influencer Dies Days After Plastic Surgery: Are Cosmetic Procedures Really Safe? -
Eric Dane Confesses Heartbreaking Regret About Daughters' Weddings Before Death -
Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi Reveals Stage 1 Cervical Cancer Diagnosis