Efforts yielding results to contain Covid-19: CM Mahmood Khan
PESHAWAR: Chief Minister Mahmood Khan said on Sunday that the provincial government took timely and effective measures to control the outbreak of Covid-19.
He said the negative test reports of 109 individuals quarantined at Manga village in Mardan district and safe return of more than 150 Zaireen staying at Dera Ismail Khan quarantine centre indicted that the efforts had started yielding results. He appreciated the administration as well as the general public for helping in controlling the mass outbreak of coronavirus in the province.
The chief minister said the available resources were being utilised to prevent a possible outbreak of the coronavirus and to effectively fight the pandemic. “Despite difficulties, we are committed to effectively containing the spread of Covid-19,” the chief minister said, expressing his government’s resolve to overcome this crisis with the help and cooperation of the public.
Mahmood Khan said the government knew about the hardships being faced by the general public, particularly the people from the vulnerable segments of society due to the partial lockdown. He said the government was taking all possible steps to mitigate the difficulties of the public, adding that under the relief package, about 2.1 million deserving households of the province would be given a cash amount of Rs12,000 each in the first phase followed by Rs6,000 each in the second phase.
About the government’s efforts to strengthen healthcare system for corona patients, the chief minister said professionals, including doctors, nurses, paramedics and pharmacists, were being hired to help the existing health workers. “Procurement worth Rs1.5 billion have been made so far to ensure the provision of medical equipment and the personal protective equipment (PPEs) for the frontline health worker whereas Rs50 million have been provided to each district for local procurement of necessary items,” he said, adding that the process of procurement and supply was being improved. Mahmood Khan appealed to the public to continue cooperating with the administration to prevent the spread of the Covid-19 by adopting preventive measures and practicing social distancing. He expressed the hope that the government would be able to effectively cope with the situation with the support of the people.
-
Is Elon Musk Set To Become First Trillionaire In 2026? Market Odds Explained -
Prince Harry’s Protective Stance On Meghan Markle Sparked Rift With William, Charles -
How BTS Push Through Performances As They Gear For 2026 Comeback -
AI Copyright Battle: ByteDance To Curb Seedance 2.0 Amid Disney Lawsuit Warning -
Savannah Guthrie In Tears As She Makes Desperate Plea To Mom's Kidnappers -
Canada’s Defence Industrial Strategy Targets 125,000 Jobs And Export Growth -
Tre Johnson, Former NFL Guard And Teacher, Passes Away At 54 -
Jerome Tang Calls Out Team After Embarrassing Home Defeat -
Cynthia Erivo Addresses Bizarre Rumour About Her Relationship With Ariana Grande -
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Spotted Cosying Up At NBA All-Star Game -
Lady Gaga Explains How Fibromyalgia Lets Her 'connect With People Who Have It' -
Metro Detroit Weather Forecast: Is The Polar Vortex Coming Back? -
Daniel Radcliffe Reveals Surprising Way Fatherhood Changed Him -
‘Disgraced’ Andrew At Risk Of Breaking Point As Epstein Scandal Continues -
Alan Cumming Shares Plans With 2026 Bafta Film Awards -
OpenClaw Founder Peter Steinberger Hired By OpenAI As AI Agent Race Heats Up