KP govt releases Rs45 million for treatment of 30 injured students
PESHAWAR: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government has released Rs45 million for the treatment of 30 injured students of the Army Public School Peshawar and College (APS & C ) at the Aga Khan Hospital in Karachi.Talking to The News, Health Minister Shahram Khan Tarakai said the amount has also been
By our correspondents
February 21, 2015
PESHAWAR: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government has released Rs45 million for the treatment of 30 injured students of the Army Public School Peshawar and College (APS & C ) at the Aga Khan Hospital in Karachi.
Talking to The News, Health Minister Shahram Khan Tarakai said the amount has also been transferred to the accounts of parents of the students.He said each of the student was paid Rs1.5 million. Majority of the injured students had already reached Karachi.
Shahram Khan said they had set up a special medical board after receiving complaints from parents that their children were still having some health issues after sustaining injuries during the December 16 brutal attack on the military-run school in Peshawar.
“Initially eight students appeared before the board. However, when the parents came to know about the board, other parents also approached it and wanted the government to provide them fund for treatment of their children,” the minister said.
The medical board had referred 30 injured students to Aga Khan Hospital Karachi on which the provincial government, after proper estimation of the expenditures released the amount, Rs. 45.00 million.
As mentioned each injured student got Rs1.5 million that includes boarding lodging and travel expenditures.Shahram Khan has said that out of the thirty students, 19 had already reached Karachi while the rest would reach there in the next few days.
Most of these injured students were admitted to the Combined Military Hospital (CMH) and the Lady Reading Hospital (LRH) in Peshawar. Some of them had been discharged of the hospital after treatment.
It was not clear what type of treatment the injured students would receive in Karachi that lacked in the public sector tertiary care hospitals and in two state-of-the-art private hospital in Peshawar.Another injured of the APS, Ahmad Nawaz, has already been sent to the United Kingdom for treatment.
Talking to The News, Health Minister Shahram Khan Tarakai said the amount has also been transferred to the accounts of parents of the students.He said each of the student was paid Rs1.5 million. Majority of the injured students had already reached Karachi.
Shahram Khan said they had set up a special medical board after receiving complaints from parents that their children were still having some health issues after sustaining injuries during the December 16 brutal attack on the military-run school in Peshawar.
“Initially eight students appeared before the board. However, when the parents came to know about the board, other parents also approached it and wanted the government to provide them fund for treatment of their children,” the minister said.
The medical board had referred 30 injured students to Aga Khan Hospital Karachi on which the provincial government, after proper estimation of the expenditures released the amount, Rs. 45.00 million.
As mentioned each injured student got Rs1.5 million that includes boarding lodging and travel expenditures.Shahram Khan has said that out of the thirty students, 19 had already reached Karachi while the rest would reach there in the next few days.
Most of these injured students were admitted to the Combined Military Hospital (CMH) and the Lady Reading Hospital (LRH) in Peshawar. Some of them had been discharged of the hospital after treatment.
It was not clear what type of treatment the injured students would receive in Karachi that lacked in the public sector tertiary care hospitals and in two state-of-the-art private hospital in Peshawar.Another injured of the APS, Ahmad Nawaz, has already been sent to the United Kingdom for treatment.
-
Is Elon Musk Set To Become First Trillionaire In 2026? Market Odds Explained -
Prince Harry’s Protective Stance On Meghan Markle Sparked Rift With William, Charles -
How BTS Push Through Performances As They Gear For 2026 Comeback -
AI Copyright Battle: ByteDance To Curb Seedance 2.0 Amid Disney Lawsuit Warning -
Savannah Guthrie In Tears As She Makes Desperate Plea To Mom's Kidnappers -
Canada’s Defence Industrial Strategy Targets 125,000 Jobs And Export Growth -
Tre Johnson, Former NFL Guard And Teacher, Passes Away At 54 -
Jerome Tang Calls Out Team After Embarrassing Home Defeat -
Cynthia Erivo Addresses Bizarre Rumour About Her Relationship With Ariana Grande -
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Spotted Cosying Up At NBA All-Star Game -
Lady Gaga Explains How Fibromyalgia Lets Her 'connect With People Who Have It' -
Metro Detroit Weather Forecast: Is The Polar Vortex Coming Back? -
Daniel Radcliffe Reveals Surprising Way Fatherhood Changed Him -
‘Disgraced’ Andrew At Risk Of Breaking Point As Epstein Scandal Continues -
Alan Cumming Shares Plans With 2026 Bafta Film Awards -
OpenClaw Founder Peter Steinberger Hired By OpenAI As AI Agent Race Heats Up