Indian media’s attempt to defame Pakistan, AJK strongly condemned
MUZAFFARABAD: Spokesperson for the AJK government’s home department on Monday strongly condemned the Indian media’s attempt to defame Pakistan and Azad Jammu and Kashmir by portraying the unpleasant incident at a food outlet in Mirpur as the communal one.
The spokesperson said that the Indian media was in the habit of making a mountain out of a molehill. “It is the result of a misunderstanding. This franchise was providing jobs to over 100 locals, paying a good amount of tax to local tax authorities, and its total supply chains were local too. Some miscreants agitated and misinterpreted the whole issue, and mob went out of control,” he added.
The spokesman made it clear, saying: “It has nothing to do with religious or any other kind of extremism. The state has a long history of non-violence, tolerance and coexistence that the society has exhibited throughout. Indian media, without having any knowledge of the issue, are exploiting and blowing it out of proportion. The owner of the franchise condemned this negative attitude of the biased Indian media.”
Referring to the outlet owner’s contention on the issue, the spokesman said that according to the owner, the attackers stormed the food chain due to a long-standing dispute. He said that after registering the FIR, crackdown has been launched to nab the accused involved in the incident.
Terming Azad Kashmir as the most peaceful region, the spokesman further said that the liberated territory offers a favorable and business-friendly environment for investors. He said that several international business chains/branches were also operating in the region and doing business successfully.
“These international business outlets have been hugely contributing to the region’s local economy,” he said, adding that the law and order situation in Azad Kashmir was also ideal for foreign investment.
He further said that India cannot deflect world attention away from the deteriorating situation of human rights in the Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IIOJ&K) simply by giving communal colour to an incident, which was of personal nature.
The spokesman made it clear that a stern action would be taken against all those involved in the incident. “No body, whosoever, will be allowed to take the law in his hands or disturb peace and order or damage private properties,” he said.
The spokesman said that as many as 54 suspects had been named in the incident, while 250 were suspected. “With the help of CCTV footages and videos and testimonies, 60 people have been arrested and the investigation from them was underway,” he clarified.
-
Katie Price Drama Escalates As Family Stays In Touch With Ex JJ Slater -
Critics Target Palace Narrative After Andrew's Controversy Refuses To Die -
Sarah Ferguson’s Delusions Take A Turn For The Worse: ‘She’s Been Deserted’ -
ICE Agents 'fake Car Trouble' To Arrest Minnesota Man, Family Says -
Camila Mendes Reveals How She Prepared For Her Role In 'Idiotka' -
China Confirms Visa-free Travel For UK, Canada Nationals -
Inside Sarah Ferguson, Andrew Windsor's Emotional Collapse After Epstein Fallout -
Bad Bunny's Star Power Explodes Tourism Searches For His Hometown -
Jennifer Aniston Gives Peek Into Love Life With Cryptic Snap Of Jim Curtis -
Prince Harry Turns Diana Into Content: ‘It Would Have Appalled Her To Be Repackaged For Profit’ -
Prince William's Love For His Three Children Revealed During Family Crisis -
Murder Suspect Kills Himself After Woman Found Dead In Missouri -
Sarah Ferguson's Plea To Jeffrey Epstein Exposed In New Files -
Prince William Prepares For War Against Prince Harry: Nothing Is Off The Table Not Legal Ways Or His Influence -
'How To Get Away With Murder' Star Karla Souza Is Still Friends With THIS Costar -
Pal Reveals Prince William’s ‘disorienting’ Turmoil Over Kate’s Cancer: ‘You Saw In His Eyes & The Way He Held Himself’