FIR to be lodged against PM if Baloch students not recovered, warns IHC
Islamabad High Court ordered the federal government to recover all the missing Baloch students, warning that a case would be registered against PM Kakar if they failed to ensure the recovery of students
ISLAMABAD: The Islamabad High Court (IHC) on Wednesday ordered the federal government to recover all the missing Baloch students, warning that a case would be registered against the caretaker prime minister if they failed to ensure the recovery of students.
IHC Justice Mohsin Akhtar Kayani made these remarks during the hearing of a case regarding the implementation of recommendations of the Commission of Inquiry on Enforced Disappearances.
Attorney General for Pakistan (AGP) Mansoor Usman Awan told the court that 22 Baloch students had been recovered and reached home.
However, the AGP said 28 Baloch students were still missing and efforts will be made to recover all the missing persons.
Expressing displeasure, Justice Kayani said the missing persons was a matter of basic human rights. Citing a report, the IHC judge said there was no law and order in the country.
Referring to the missing persons, the senior judge wondered: “Are such things take place in a civilised society? Every missing person who is recovered says I don’t want to pursue the case.”
If the missing persons are not recovered, the IHC judge said he will order the registration of first information report (FIR) against caretaker Prime Minister Anwaar-ul-Haq Kakar and interim Interior Minister Sarfraz Bugti. “I am stating this in very clear words.”
The judge’s warning comes after the caretaker PM failed to appear before the court as he was summoned by the IHC to appear in person in the missing students case on November 29 (today).
However, the premier had stated that he would skip the hearing owing to his foreign trips as he was currently on an official visit to the Middle East.
Justice Kayani said the defence secretary and interior secretary would also be held responsible if Baloch students were not recovered.
He further asked the authorities concerned to present the missing persons in court even if they are terrorists.
He said if the trial of Indian spy Kulbhushan Jadhav can be held, then anyone can be tried if they had committed any crime.
The IHC directed to provide the details of families of all the missing persons to the government committee and asked the interior minister to meet the Baloch families in two weeks.
Justice Kayani said it had been determined in the high court and Supreme Court judgment that the state is obligated to provide all possible support to the missing persons’ families.
The IHC adjourned the hearing of the case till January 10.
-
Chinese New Year Explained: All You Need To Know About The Year Of The Horse -
Canadian Passport Holders Can Now Travel To China Visa-free: Here's How -
Glen Powell Reveals Wild Prank That Left Sister Hunting Jail Cells -
Edmonton Weather Warning: Up To 30 Cm Of Snow Possible In Parts Of Alberta -
'A Knight Of The Seven Kingdoms' Episode 5: What Time It Airs And Where To Stream -
Amy Schumer Drops Cryptic Message On First Valentine Amid Divorce -
Savannah Guthrie Sends Desperate Plea To Mom Nancy Kidnapper -
NBA All-Star 2026 Shake-up: Inside The New USA Vs World Tournament Format -
Warner Bros Consider Reopening Deal Talks With Paramount, Says Reports -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Faces Future With UK MPs, Says Expert -
Eva Mendes Shared Bedroom Photos For Ryan Gosling On Valentine’s -
Shamed Andrew Told 'nobody Is Above The Law' Amid Harrowing Silence -
Gisele Bundchen Melts Hearts With Sweet Bike Ride Glimpse Featuring Son -
Prince William Found Meghan Markle ‘quite Refreshing’ At Start -
Kate Middleton Knew Should Could Not Be ‘voice Of Reason’ With Prince Harry -
Rihanna Has Wardrobe Malfunction At A$AP Rocky Fashion Show