JI, PTI take up security demands with PEC Zaki
By our correspondents
November 27, 2015
Karachi
The city chiefs of electoral allies for the upcoming local government election in Karachi, the Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) and the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), called on the Provincial Election Commissioner (PEC) Tanveer Zaki on Thursday and presented him with a joint statement demanding stringent measures to ensure transparency on December 5.
Engineer Hafiz Naeem-ur-Rehman of the JI and Syed Ali Zaidi of PTI apprised Zaki of their concerns and suggested that Rangers be deployed in and outside polling booths on December 5.
Talking to the media outside the office of Sindh Election Commission after the meeting, Hafiz Naeem said both parties had shared their concerns to the authority responsible for conducting a free and fair election. He said they fulfilled their legal and ethical responsibility by presenting Zaki with a statement listing their concerns for the local bodies election.
Hafiz Naeem said the situation of Karachi cannot be changed without holding transparent elections. He claimed people had been robbed of their rights by rigged elections in the past.
However, he lamented that the parties had sought lists of polling booths and the Sindh Election Commission had failed to provide it to them.
As far as campaigning for the election was concerned, he said, Naeem said the allies will organise a historic rally on November 28, Saturday, in which the central leaderships of both parties will participate.
The Karachi organiser for PTI, Ali Zaidi, lamented that three letters had been written to the Sindh Election Commissioner but none of them had received a response so far. He said mandate of the people will be destroyed if the local government election was not transparent.
The city chiefs of electoral allies for the upcoming local government election in Karachi, the Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) and the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), called on the Provincial Election Commissioner (PEC) Tanveer Zaki on Thursday and presented him with a joint statement demanding stringent measures to ensure transparency on December 5.
Engineer Hafiz Naeem-ur-Rehman of the JI and Syed Ali Zaidi of PTI apprised Zaki of their concerns and suggested that Rangers be deployed in and outside polling booths on December 5.
Talking to the media outside the office of Sindh Election Commission after the meeting, Hafiz Naeem said both parties had shared their concerns to the authority responsible for conducting a free and fair election. He said they fulfilled their legal and ethical responsibility by presenting Zaki with a statement listing their concerns for the local bodies election.
Hafiz Naeem said the situation of Karachi cannot be changed without holding transparent elections. He claimed people had been robbed of their rights by rigged elections in the past.
However, he lamented that the parties had sought lists of polling booths and the Sindh Election Commission had failed to provide it to them.
As far as campaigning for the election was concerned, he said, Naeem said the allies will organise a historic rally on November 28, Saturday, in which the central leaderships of both parties will participate.
The Karachi organiser for PTI, Ali Zaidi, lamented that three letters had been written to the Sindh Election Commissioner but none of them had received a response so far. He said mandate of the people will be destroyed if the local government election was not transparent.
-
Chinese New Year Explained: All You Need To Know About The Year Of The Horse -
Canadian Passport Holders Can Now Travel To China Visa-free: Here's How -
Glen Powell Reveals Wild Prank That Left Sister Hunting Jail Cells -
Edmonton Weather Warning: Up To 30 Cm Of Snow Possible In Parts Of Alberta -
'A Knight Of The Seven Kingdoms' Episode 5: What Time It Airs And Where To Stream -
Amy Schumer Drops Cryptic Message On First Valentine Amid Divorce -
Savannah Guthrie Sends Desperate Plea To Mom Nancy Kidnapper -
NBA All-Star 2026 Shake-up: Inside The New USA Vs World Tournament Format -
Warner Bros Consider Reopening Deal Talks With Paramount, Says Reports -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Faces Future With UK MPs, Says Expert -
Eva Mendes Shared Bedroom Photos For Ryan Gosling On Valentine’s -
Shamed Andrew Told 'nobody Is Above The Law' Amid Harrowing Silence -
Gisele Bundchen Melts Hearts With Sweet Bike Ride Glimpse Featuring Son -
Prince William Found Meghan Markle ‘quite Refreshing’ At Start -
Kate Middleton Knew Should Could Not Be ‘voice Of Reason’ With Prince Harry -
Rihanna Has Wardrobe Malfunction At A$AP Rocky Fashion Show