Exactly three years after 289 factory workers perished in what was stated to be the country’s most devastating industrial fire, two more factories were reported to have caught fire on Friday as authorities continue to ignore installation of fire safety mechanisms and equipment in their units.
According to the central fire station, the fire caused due to a short circuit, broke out at around 4:15am in the morning at a chemical factory located in Korangi.
Said to be a category two fire, the blaze engulfed the whole facility within minutes. Eight fire engines of the KMC were used to put the fire out. No casualties or injuries were reported to have occurred.
The second fire broke out at a towel warehouse in Gabol Town. Officials said the fire had occurred due to a short circuit.