Zardari has no link with Omani Group accounts, bank fake accounts: Naek
ISLAMABAD: The Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) Thursday claimed that former President Asif Ali Zardari has neither any link with the accounts of the Omni Group, nor assisted to open the fake bank accounts.
“Despite all the allegation, we are appearing before the courts in Rawalpindi on the directions of the superior judiciary,” said legal adviser of former President Asif Ali Zardari and Former Senate Chairman, Farooq H Naek, while addressing a press conference along with PPP Parliamentarians Secretary General Farhatullah Babar here at Zardari House on Monday.
Senator Farooq H Naek said there were two cases in Islamabad on Thursday of one relates to Harish and company and other relates to accounts of the Omni Group. “We wants to make it clear that PPP leadership did not have any link with the accounts of the Omni Group,” he said adding that and were appearing before the accountability courts on the directions of the superior judiciary.
He said former President Asif Ali Zardari was not accused in the case of Harish and Company but despite it he appeared before the court in this case. ‘The other case relates to Omni group regarding the fake ban account, and it was accused that fake bank account was open and Zardari group deposited Rs15 million which were later changed into Rs30 million,” he said.
He said in this case neither Asif Ali Zardari nor Faryal Talpur was nominated as accused in the FIR but when the FIA filed an interim challan then the names of Asif Ali Zardari and Faryal Talpur were included and the amount of Rs15 million went up to Rs30 million in the interim challan.
He said the NAB also gives a call up notice to former President Asif Ali Zardari in Harish and company case, and he appeared before NAB and tell them that he did not have any link with Harish and Company. “We availed the bail before arrest in this case which was listed in the Islamabad High Court and so far NAB did not submit its comments on it, so it was defer till June 10,” he said.
He said even former President Asif Ali Zardari and Faryal Talpur were not accused in the FIR. He said there are eight cases against Asif Ali Zardari and two against Faryal Talpur pending before Islamabad High Court.
There are also two cases of legal adviser and two cases of tax consultant are pending in the high court. He said that former President Asif Ali Zardari appealed to the Supreme Court that the Sindh High Court (SHC) order of April 2, 2019, did not form the basis for the transfer of the case to Rawalpindi.
He said that we have submitted an application in the apex court against the transfer of Zardari and Faryal Talpur cases from Karachi to Islamabad. He said that there is no link of any embezzlement of national exchequer in these cases.
-
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies -
Michael B. Jordan Shares His Thoughts On Growing Trend Of Live-action Anime Adaptations -
Why Mikaela Shiffrin Celebrated Olympic Gold With Taylor Swift Song? -
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Was Mentioned In Epstein Email Sent Before His Death -
'Dump Eugenie And Beatrice': Andrew's Daughters Face Backlash After His Arrest