close
Thursday December 01, 2022

Alec Baldwin saves his neck as deal reaches with slain 'Rust' cinematography family: Report

Alec Baldwin-starring 'Rust' shooting will resume after the settlement

By Web Desk
October 05, 2022
Alec Baldwin saves his neck as deal reaches with slain Rust cinematography family: Report
Alec Baldwin saves his neck as deal reaches with slain 'Rust' cinematography family: Report

Alec Baldwin settled an agreement with the family of Halyna Hutchins over the Rust shooting incident, at a time when speculation ran high that he would bring to book.

According to CNN, Matthew Hutchins, widower of the killed cinematographer, will be named the new executive producer of Rust and promised to get a portion of the profits.

“We have reached a settlement, subject to court approval, for our wrongful death case against the producers of Rust, including Alec Baldwin and Rust Movie Productions, LLC. As part of that settlement, our case will be dismissed. The filming of Rust, which I will now executive produce, will resume with all the original principal players on board in January 2023. I have no interest in engaging in recriminations or attribution of blame (to the producers or Mr. Baldwin).

All of us believe Halyna’s death was a terrible accident. I am grateful that the producers and the entertainment community have come together to pay tribute to Halyna’s final work,” Hutchins said.

“Throughout this difficult process, everyone has maintained the specific desire to do what is best for Halyna’s son. We are grateful to everyone who contributed to the resolution of this tragic and painful situation,” Alec Baldwin’s attorney, Luke Nikas of Quinn Emanuel, said in a statement.

Previously, as reported by The LA Times, Alec Baldwin feared facing criminal charges from the incident of Rust shooting as the DA pressed charges.