Kidnapping rumours aimed at defaming Sindh govt: Chandio
KARACHI: Adviser to Sindh Chief Minister on Information Maula Bakhsh Chandio on Saturday said the instances of kidnapping of children have not been taking place in the province; there were only rumours in this regard to defame the Sindh government. Talking to newsmen here on Saturday after meeting of the Sindh cabinet, Chandio said several unsubstantiated issues were deliberately being raised, especially rumours circulating on kidnapping of children in Sindh. “Although, the truth is that there has not been instances of kidnapping of children in the province yet some people spreading the rumours are trying to safeguard the interests of the Punjab government,” he said. Such people, despite being residents of Sindh, were not making due representation of the aspirations of the people of the province, said the information adviser.
He said in the backdrop of rising instances of kidnapping of children in Punjab, due precautionary measures had been adopted in the Sindh province with the cooperation of police, law-enforcement agencies, Citizens-Police Liaison Committee (CPLC), administrators of schools and other educational institutions.
To a question, Moula Bakhsh Chandio said the army and other security agencies had made it clear that NAP had not been fully implemented. He said this showed the failure of the federal government and alleged that Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan had proved to be a failed interior minister of the country.
He said the fact that the prime minister had to intervene and constitute an implementation committee showed that the federal government had failed to implement NAP.
Responding to another question, the law adviser said a number of people, including the interior minister, had resorted to politicking on the issue of extension of special policing powers of the Sindh Rangers and stay of the paramilitary force in the province in aid of the civil administration and police.
He said the Sindh government was quite clear on the issue, and its position was ultimately endorsed by the federal government.
Chandio said the Sindh Assembly had the final authority to extend the special powers of the Rangers, but since the government’s stance had been accepted by all the quarters concerned, there was no controversy over the issue.
He said the targeted operation being conducted in Karachi against criminals and terrorists would continue.
-
Dwayne Johnson Confesses What Secretly Scares Him More Than Fame -
Elizabeth Hurley's Son Damian Breaks Silence On Mom’s Romance With Billy Ray Cyrus -
Shamed Andrew Should Be Happy ‘he Is Only In For Sharing Information’ -
Daniel Radcliffe Wants Son To See Him As Just Dad, Not Harry Potter -
Apple Sued Over 'child Sexual Abuse' Material Stored Or Shared On ICloud -
Nancy Guthrie Kidnapped With 'blessings' Of Drug Cartels -
Hailey Bieber Reveals Justin Bieber's Hit Song Baby Jack Is Already Singing -
Emily Ratajkowski Appears To Confirm Romance With Dua Lipa's Ex Romain Gavras -
Leighton Meester Breaks Silence On Viral Ariana Grande Interaction On Critics Choice Awards -
Heavy Snowfall Disrupts Operations At Germany's Largest Airport -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Released Hours After Police Arrest -
Heidi Klum Eyes Spooky Season Anthem With Diplo After Being Dubbed 'Queen Of Halloween' -
King Charles Is In ‘unchartered Waters’ As Andrew Takes Family Down -
Why Prince Harry, Meghan 'immensely' Feel 'relieved' Amid Andrew's Arrest? -
Jennifer Aniston’s Boyfriend Jim Curtis Hints At Tensions At Home, Reveals Rules To Survive Fights -
Shamed Andrew ‘dismissive’ Act Towards Royal Butler Exposed