Rebel Wilson fires back in explosive trial showdown
Rebel Wilson hits back hard after being accused of hiding evidence
Rebel Wilson has denied accusations she deliberately dumped her phone to hide evidence.
The Pitch Perfect actress is being sued by Charlotte Maclnnes, the lead in Wilson's directorial debut The Deb, alleging that she was defamed in social media posts portraying her as dishonest about a sexual assault claim.
During her appearance in the court, Wilson rejected suggestions that she dumped her phone to avoid handing over key messages, calling the claim "absolutely outrageous."
Wilson maintained her phone had been stolen in London, admitting that some conversations were lost due to lack of backup.
On Wednesday, court heard Wilson believes Maclnnes had confided discomfort over alleged incident involving co-producer Amanda Ghost in 2023. She said, "I was pretty shocked by it."
"I took it as a sexual harassment complaint," Wilson added.
On the other hand, Rebel Wilson was also questioned about the text exchange she had with Maclnnes in May 2023. Notably, Maclnnes blamed wi-fi for her not responding to Wilson's message and apologizing next day.
However, the actress said in the message, "In the future, it is terribly rude to say you wanted a ticket to a show and then you don’t reply or follow up … not a great start to our working relationship," to which Maclnnes' lawyer suggested that it was inappropriate and bullying.
Wilson rejected the suggestion, saying, "I don’t regard one text message as bullying."
Rebel Wilson's directorial debut The Deb is based on 2022 stage musical by Hannah Reilly and Megan Washington. The film premiered as the closing night selection of the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) on September 15, 2024.
-
US-Iran deal in flux as Hollywood greenlights first movie on war
-
'Power Ballad' actor Paul Rudd gushes over co-star Nick Jonas
-
Anna Delvey writing new book amid ongoing immigration battle
-
Harry Styles receives shocking warning over Zoe Kravitz romance
-
Netflix drops Michael Jackson docuseries trailer as biopic in theatres: 'They timed this one'
-
Sheryl Crow recalls painful breakup with Lance Armstrong amid Cancer treatment
-
'The Boys' creator defends series amid backlash: 'No TV show is perfect'
-
UK's NCA issues statement after £7m cocaine found in Kim Kardashian brand shipment
