Royals

All eyes on Meghan as Harry seeks royal reconciliation

Meghan Markle faces questions over silence during Prince Harry’s latest setbacks

By Web Desk
August 21, 2025

Meghan Markle has remained notably silent after reports emerged that Prince Harry made a quiet attempt to mend fences with the Royal Family.

GB News revealed that the Duke of Sussex arranged for a personal letter and a wreath of red poppies to be left at the Burma Star Memorial as part of national VJ Day commemorations.

The private gesture was carried out by a close friend on his behalf, after King Charles and Queen Camilla had departed the service, a move designed to ensure Harry’s tribute did not overshadow the solemn remembrance of those who fought in the Pacific and Far East during World War Two.

While Harry’s actions have been described as a quiet olive branch to his family, the absence of Meghan’s name on the letter and her continued silence has sparked speculation and drawn attention from royal watchers.

Earlier this year, Harry stepped down from Sentebale, the charity he co-founded to support children orphaned by Aids in Lesotho, following a high profile dispute with chairwoman Dr. Sophie Chandauka. 

The row, which drew criticism from the Charity Commission for being played out publicly, reportedly left Harry “devastated.” 

Many had expected Meghan to rally behind him, yet the Duchess has instead focused on her own projects.

Her latest Instagram posts highlight her entrepreneurial and media pursuits including a cooking video where she whipped up lemon pasta spaghetti, and earlier teasers for the second season of her Netflix project, With Love, Meghan.

Royal expert Dr. Tessa Dunlop told the Mirror that The Duchess continued quietness is striking, especially given the couple’s newly renegotiated Netflix deal, which is said to be “looser” and less lucrative than their previous £78 million contract.

“Now that Meghan and Harry have signed a new Netflix deal, might the Duchess find her voice?” Dr. Dunlop asked. 

“Not the one she volubly uses to promote her As Ever lifestyle brand, but the one she re-found after leaving the Royal Family, the one that spoke her truth to royal power. 

Why hasn’t Meghan come out batting for Prince Harry in the Sentebale fiasco?”

While Prince Harry has long defended Meghan Markle against public criticism even defying his own family to condemn the British media’s treatment of her. Meghan has stayed silent during his latest turmoil.

The Duke of Sussex now appears a lonely figure following his bitter split from Sentebale, the African children’s charity he co-founded. 

The Charity Commission recently issued a sharp ruling, acknowledging a “strong perception of ill treatment” but clearing no one of blame.

The terse assessment has left tensions simmering. Prince Harry, described as “aggrieved,” slammed the report as having fallen “troublingly short.” 

Meanwhile, his adversary in the row, chairwoman Dr. Sophie Chandauka, remains firmly in place at the charity Harry once cherished.