Jay Z escapes courtroom clash as alleged son drops case
Jay Z's alleged son Rymir Satterthwaite drops the lawsuit against the rapper
Jay Z’s long running paternity drama took an unexpected turn after Rymir Satterthwaite, the man claiming to be his son, dropped his federal lawsuit against the rapper.
Court papers obtained by Us Weekly showed that Satterthwaite filed a notice of withdrawal on July 18.
Shortly after, he spoke in a video on social media to explain his move. “It has been a crazy couple of weeks. I have not stopped my fight,” he said, adding that he wanted to “step back and play chess, not checkers.”
Satterthwaite, now 32, has been claiming for years that his late mother Wanda had a relationship with Jay Z in the 1990s.
However, he has repeatedly asked the rapper to take a DNA test but it has never been done.
The case had already faced heavy pushback. In 2022, Jay Z won a restraining order against Satterthwaite after what the court called “frivolous” claims
The rapper’s lawyers again moved for the case to be dismissed on July 18, calling the latest filing “just the latest” act in what they described as decades of harassment.
Documents filed in court said past allegations had been “rejected in multiple other courts” and that repeated efforts to revive them had even led to a contempt order.
Jay Z, who has three children with his wife Beyoncé, accused Satterthwaite of harassment and insisted the accusations were “fabricated.”
-
Timothée Chalamet reveals rare impact of not attending acting school on career
-
Liza Minnelli gets candid about her struggles with substance abuse post death of mum Judy Garland
-
'Saturday Night Live' star Will Forte reveals how he feels about returning to the show after 2010 exit
-
Eric Dane's family shares heartbreaking statement after his death
-
'Never Have I Ever' star Maitreyi Ramakrishnan lifts the lid on how she avoids drama at coffee shops due to her name
-
Chyler Leigh pays moving homage to 'Grey’s Anatomy' co-star Eric Dane: 'He was amazing'
-
Matthew Lillard admits fashion trends are not his 'forte'
-
Anna Sawai opens up on portraying Yoko Ono in Beatles film series