Trump administration to release around 80,000 pages of JFK files today
President has previously signed executive order for release of records related to John F Kennedy's murder
WASHINGTON: United States President Donald Trump has said that his administration will release around 80,000 pages of files related to the assassination of former president John F Kennedy today (Tuesday).
"People have been waiting for decades for this," Trump told reporters during a visit to The Kennedy Centre in Washington.
"It's going to be very interesting," he added.
Earlier this year, Trump signed an executive order directing the federal government to present a plan to release records related to the assassinations of Kennedy, his brother Robert Kennedy and Martin Luther King Jr.
The US Federal Bureau of Investigation said in early February it had found thousands of new documents related to the assassination of Kennedy.
Trump signed an order during his first week in office related to the release and promised to release also documents concerning the assassinations of civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr and Senator Robert Kennedy, both of whom were killed in 1968.
-
Angorie Rice spills the beans on major details from season 2 of ' The Last Thing He Told Me'
-
Teacher arrested after confessing to cocaine use during classes
-
Milo Ventimiglia recalls first meeting with Arielle Kebbel on the sets of 'Gilmore Girls' amid new project
-
Leading astrophysicist shot dead at southern California home
-
Will Savannah Guthrie ever return to 'Today' show? Here's what insiders predict
-
Amazon can be sued over sodium nitrite suicide cases, US court rules
-
Patrick Dempsey reveals Eric Dane's condition in final days before death
-
Epstein estate to pay $35M to victims in major class action settlement