Deemed security threat, Pakistani national deported from US
Syed Rizvi was residing in Dallas without authorisation; was arrested following a routine traffic stop
A Pakistani national, residing illegally in the United States, has been deported by the country's Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) after being identified as a national security priority.
In a statement, the government agency said that Syed Rizvi, 56, a Pakistani national was ordered removed from the US after being identified by US intelligence sources as a national security priority, designated as removable per the Immigration and Nationality Act.
"Illegal aliens suspected or known to have ties to organisations that threaten public safety will not find refuge in the US," said Enforcement and Removals Operations Dallas Field Office acting Director Josh Johnson
"Our most important priority is to arrest and remove those who pose an imminent danger to the citizens of the US."
Rizvi was residing in Dallas, Texas without authorisation prior to his removal, the statement mentioned.
ERO Dallas arrested Rizvi on January 31, following a routine traffic stop. He was ordered removed by an immigration judge on January 24.
Rizvi entered the US legally on September 20, 2017, near the New York port of entry and he "violated the terms of his admission", the ICE said.
The United States, ever since Donald Trump came into power in January, has launched a crackdown on those staying illegally and hundreds have already been deported to either their homelands or elsewhere.
Last month, the US deported 119 people of different nationalities to Panama, including Pakistanis.
Moreover, a new travel ban by President Trump could bar people from Pakistan from entering the US as soon as next week based on a government review of countries' security and vetting risks, three sources familiar with the matter told Reuters.
-
Amazon can be sued over sodium nitrite suicide cases, US court rules
-
Patrick Dempsey reveals Eric Dane's condition in final days before death
-
Epstein estate to pay $35M to victims in major class action settlement
-
South Korea’s ex-President Yoon issues public apology after being sentenced to life over martial law
-
Trump officially directs US agencies to identify and release files on extraterrestrial life
-
Who is 'Queen of Woke'? UK first female Civil head
-
Dwayne Johnson confesses what secretly scares him more than fame
-
Daniel Radcliffe wants son to see him as just dad, not Harry Potter