close
Saturday May 25, 2024

Prince Harry issues important video message as US visa row takes new turn

Prince Harry lambasts tourists as he pleas with public to save 'heart' of travel in new video

By Web Desk
April 17, 2024

Prince Harry, who's planning to return to the UK in May, has released a new video message just days after his wife Meghan Markle launched a new brand.

The Duke of Sussex has demanded action to save the "beating heart" of the travel industry in a surprise video appearance just days after an update on the legal battle surrounding his US visa documents was submitted to court.

King Charles III's younger son Harry has made a surprise appearance at the annual general meeting of Travalyst. Speaking via videocall from his Montecito mansion, Harry called on tourists to look after the environment's that they visit.

The father-of-two, who relocated to the US after saying goodbye to royal jobs in 2020, said it was crucial that the industry did better by the local communities in popular travel destinations or there risks being no tourism business at all.

Harry said: "Travel and tourism relies on destinations, held together by communities, without which we have nowhere to travel to. Communities are the beating heart of travel, and we must do better by the people who are the custodians of the places we visit."

Harry's new video comes after doubts had been raised as to whether the Duke's association with the organisation would continue, after last year Travalyst announced it had entered an "incredibly exciting" era - with no mention of Meghan's hubby. The latest statement would be  enough to dampen down the rumours that they had parted ways.