MULTAN City News
Court last warning to top bureaucratsOrders came in a petition on 4,000 sacked Education DepartmentFrom Our CorrespondentMULTAN: A Lahore High Court (LHC) division bench on Wednesday issued last warning to the Punjab chief secretary, deputy secretary (regulations), the chief minister’s office and the then Multan DCO Nasim Sadiq - presently
By our correspondents
February 12, 2015
Court last warning to top bureaucrats
Orders came in a petition on 4,000 sacked Education Department
From Our Correspondent
MULTAN: A Lahore High Court (LHC) division bench on Wednesday issued last warning to the Punjab chief secretary, deputy secretary (regulations), the chief minister’s office and the then Multan DCO Nasim Sadiq - presently working as secretary livestock - for not appearing before the court and summoned them in person next week.
The bench issued these directives in a contempt case over their failure to comply the court orders about submitting a report on the delay in reinstatement of the 4,000 Education Department employees whose services were terminated during Musharraf regime.
They had moved the court in 2013 after the Punjab government did not reinstate them. Later in 2014, the division bench sought para-wise comments from the abovementioned respondents who failed to comply with the court orders even after the passage of more than a year.
The petitioner, Farhat Iqbal, said the provincial government had issued a notification (1565/PA dated 12-2-2010) for scrutiny and finalising the reinstatement cases of the teaching staff. Earlier in 2009, the then education secretary had constituted a committee headed by the then director public instructions to deal to the cases of teaching/non-teaching staff.
The committee had also summoned the petitioner on February 19, 2010 for personal hearing, but he (petitioner) moved the LHC in 2013 the government did not reinstate the sacked employees while citing limited budget as the reason.
The division bench had directed the respondents on January 20, 2014 to file their report and para-wise comments, but the orders were never followed.
The case was fixed for hearing on Wednesday but none of the respondents could submit a report nor appear before the court. Therefore, the division headed by Justice Farrukh Irfan Khan and comprising Justice Shah Khawar issued last warning to the respondents and ordered them to appear in person the next week.
Orders came in a petition on 4,000 sacked Education Department
From Our Correspondent
MULTAN: A Lahore High Court (LHC) division bench on Wednesday issued last warning to the Punjab chief secretary, deputy secretary (regulations), the chief minister’s office and the then Multan DCO Nasim Sadiq - presently working as secretary livestock - for not appearing before the court and summoned them in person next week.
The bench issued these directives in a contempt case over their failure to comply the court orders about submitting a report on the delay in reinstatement of the 4,000 Education Department employees whose services were terminated during Musharraf regime.
They had moved the court in 2013 after the Punjab government did not reinstate them. Later in 2014, the division bench sought para-wise comments from the abovementioned respondents who failed to comply with the court orders even after the passage of more than a year.
The petitioner, Farhat Iqbal, said the provincial government had issued a notification (1565/PA dated 12-2-2010) for scrutiny and finalising the reinstatement cases of the teaching staff. Earlier in 2009, the then education secretary had constituted a committee headed by the then director public instructions to deal to the cases of teaching/non-teaching staff.
The committee had also summoned the petitioner on February 19, 2010 for personal hearing, but he (petitioner) moved the LHC in 2013 the government did not reinstate the sacked employees while citing limited budget as the reason.
The division bench had directed the respondents on January 20, 2014 to file their report and para-wise comments, but the orders were never followed.
The case was fixed for hearing on Wednesday but none of the respondents could submit a report nor appear before the court. Therefore, the division headed by Justice Farrukh Irfan Khan and comprising Justice Shah Khawar issued last warning to the respondents and ordered them to appear in person the next week.
-
Giant Tortoise Reintroduced To Island After Almost 200 Years -
Eric Dane Drops Raw Confession For Rebecca Gayheart In Final Interview -
Trump Announces New 10% Global Tariff After Supreme Court Setback -
Influencer Dies Days After Plastic Surgery: Are Cosmetic Procedures Really Safe? -
Eric Dane Confesses Heartbreaking Regret About Daughters' Weddings Before Death -
Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi Reveals Stage 1 Cervical Cancer Diagnosis -
Hilary Duff’s Son Roasts Her Outfit In New Album Interview -
Alexandra Daddario, Andrew Form Part Ways After 3 Years Of Marriage -
Eric Dane Rejected Sex Symbol Label -
Avan Jogia Says Life With Fiancee Halsey Feels Like 'coming Home' -
Kate Middleton's Role In Handling Prince William And Harry Feud Revealed -
Tucker Carlson Says Passport Seized, Staff Member Questioned At Israel Airport -
David, Victoria Beckham Gushes Over 'fiercely Loyal' Son Cruz On Special Day -
Taylor Swift Made Sure Jodie Turner-Smith's Little Girl Had A Special Day On 'Opalite' Music Video Set -
Eric Dane Says Touching Goodbye To Daughters Billie And Georgia In New Netflix Documentary -
Channing Tatum Reveals What He Told Daughter After Violent Incident At School