McGregor announces return to fighting
The Irishman has not fought since being battered into submission by Nurmagomedov last year
MOSCOW: Mixed martial arts star Conor McGregor on Thursday announced he would return to fighting in January, despite announcing his retirement in March.
"I would like to announce to the public the return of the Notorious Conor McGregor will take place on January 18th in the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada," he said at an event in Moscow to promote his whiskey brand.
"I am in prime physical condition, I've agreed the date with the company," he said, without specifying the name of his opponent.
The 31-year-old Irishman, an icon of the UFC, is no stranger to controversy and hit the headlines this summer for an attack on an older man in a Dublin bar that was captured in a viral video.
McGregor has not fought since being battered into submission by arch-rival Khabib Nurmagomedov, from the Russian republic of Dagestan, in October last year.
-
Ex-UFC fighter Tiki Ghosn knocks out streamer DeenTheGreat in viral clip
-
David Goyette’s hockey career faces major blow after 20 game AHL ban
-
Winter Olympics 2026: Mark Callan defies age as moonwalking ice sensation dazzles crowd
-
Women’s curling results: USA falls to winless Italy at Winter Olympics
-
Elana Meyers Taylor and Kaillie Humphries shine in monobob final
-
Ilia Malinin breaks silence on ‘vile online hate’ after Winter Olympics 2026 setback
-
Winter Olympics 2026 curling cheating scandal: Everything you need to know
-
Tre Johnson, former NFL guard and teacher, passes away at 54