ISLAMABAD: The Interior Ministry has decided to suspend mobile phone services in Sindh and Gilgit-Baltistan today (Monday) on Chehlum of Hazrat Imam Hussain (R.A).
Sources said the measure is taken on the strong recommendation of intelligence agencies and PTA has been taken into confidence on it.
Cellular phone services will remain unavailable in Sindh from 12:00 noon to 10:00pm while in Gilgit-Baltistan it will be effective from 12:00 noon to 6:00pm.
The mobile services will also remain suspended in four districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa that include Peshawar, Kohat, D.I Khan and Tank.
Meanwhile, ban has also been imposed on pillion riding in Karachi for two days (November 20 and 21) as part of security measures for the Chehlum of martyrs of Karbala.
Karachi police have detained at least 100 citizens and over 50 motorcycles are taken into custody across the city for violating this ban.
SC verdict restores corruption cases against various top politicians including former prime ministers and ex-president
Premier hints at announcing in near future the easy instalments for electricity consumers with up to 200 units of usage
The “matter” had been cleared before Kakar was named as interim prime minister, according to NAB sources
ISPR says terrorists were killed during exchange of fire that took place after they attacked a security forces' post...
The court adjourned the hearing till September 11
Former prime minister Imran Khan had moved court over permission to speak to his sons