Seth Meyers fires back at Trump over NBC firing demand
Trump urges NBC to pull the plug on ‘Late Night’ host
Late Night host Seth Meyers responded Monday to Donald Trump’s call for NBC to dismiss Meyers.
Over the weekend, the US President shared on X (formerly Twitter) that Meyers was suffering from ‘Trump Derangement Syndrome’.
He also described the show host as being in ‘an uncontrollable rage’.
Calling Meyers ‘talentless’, the 79-year-old urged NBC to ‘immediately’ fire him.
The 51-year-old hit back at him.
He mocked the attack by joking that hearing his name on television before midnight was quite rare.
The comedian shifted to a more pointed rebuttal calling Trump’s online insults to ‘an angry driver’ honking on the highway.
“You just ignore them,” said Meyers.
Meyers also criticized his phrasing highlighting the use of passive voice in the President’s post.
“What’s with the passive voice, my man?”, Meyers spoke suggesting that the meaning could be misunderstood.
However, Meyers noted that he was not the only one drawing Trump’s ire.
It is pertinent to note that Trump has repeatedly criticized late-night hosts including Jimmy Kimmel and Jimmy Fallon.
He has also previously suggested the networks to dismiss them.
-
Mindy Kaling gets honest about her weight loss journey
-
Kylie Minogue reveals why she stayed silent about her cancer relapse
-
Jim Hanks breaks silence on voicing brother Tom Hanks' character in 'Toy Story'
-
Jerry O'Connell teaches daughters valuable life lessons before big milestone
-
Nara Smith reveals disturbing update about infant baby's condition
-
Stephen Colbert says he 'will never stop caring about' his country day before his show's cancellation
-
Rita Wilson taking Tom Hanks on tour?
-
Taylor Swift's video with Travis Kelce falsely linked to pregnancy rumors
