Royal house security tightened before Prince Harry's UK visit
King Charles takes security measures to avoid any untoward incident
King Charles III has taken major security measures to avoid any untoward incident amid reports of Prince Harry and his family's return to the UK.
The Monarch's Sandringham estate has implemented a year-round drone ban following security concerns. The measure was taken to ensure "security for members of the royal family and other dignitaries staying at or visiting Sandringham House".
It emerged after mystery drones were seen hovering before Ukrainian President's visit to Britain. A 365-day no-fly zone was established within days of Volodymyr Zelensky's arrival on March 2.
Prince Harry, who was in the UK court in early April, is also seeking enhanced security for his family during his visits to the UK. He has already announced to return to his country for his Invictus Games event in 2027.
The new drone ban order was signed by Transport Secretary Heidi Alexander on March 6, a month before the Duke's trip to the UK, and came into force on March 10.
Several unidentified drones were reportedly detected hours before Zelensky flew in. One of the drones was traced to a man sitting in a car nearby who was not a member of the media, triggering a security alert.
After the incident, security services raised concerns about "public safety and security." A major operation was reportedly launched around the Norfolk estate over the weekend of the Ukrainian leader's visit, which had been kept secret.
A source told The Sun: "It prompted a security scare. The operator was tracked down and spoken to."
Another drone was reportedly traced to a photographer, but the source of other aerial devices remained unknown.
"There were several drones over Sandringham and not all were accounted for," an insider told the publication.
Previously, drone restriction at Sandringham had run for only three months over winter and ended the day before the Ukrainian president arrived.
No aircraft, as per the order, is allowed to fly below 2,000ft within the restricted airspace for reasons of "public safety and security".
It is to mention here that the Duke of Sussex has branded his security in UK "inadequate", requesting police protection, according to new court documents released on Thursday.
-
Little Mix star Leigh-Anne Pinnock talks about protecting her children from social media
-
Pamela Anderson, David Hasselhoff's return to reimagined version of 'Baywatch' confirmed by star
-
Inside Channing Tatum's red carpet return after shoulder surgery
-
Ryan Coogler brands 'When Harry Met Sally' his most favourite rom com while discussing love for verstality
-
Justin Bieber rocked the world with bold move 15 years ago
-
Sam Levinson wins hearts with huge donation to Eric Dane GoFundMe
-
Liza Minnelli alleges she was ordered to use wheelchair at 2022 Academy Awards
-
Michael B. Jordan shares his thoughts on growing trend of live-action anime adaptations