KARACHI: Super Model Ayyan Ali on Tuesday approached Sindh High Court requesting it to initiate contempt proceedings against the ministry of interior for not removing her name from Exit Control List ECL despite the court’s order.
The petitioner submitted that her name was not removed yet from ECL despite the court’s earlier directions. This act of the interior ministry is the contempt of the court therefore contempt proceedings should be initiated against them.
Earlier in March 2016, SHC directed authorities concerned to strike her name off ECL however it suspended the operation of its own order on the request of attorney general as the government wanted to challenge the decision in Supreme Court.
Ayyan Ali did not have to wait too long as on 13th April the apex court upheld the decision of SHC which removed her name from ECL. After the SC s verdict Ayyan had booked the ticket to go abroad for her professional assignments but she was stopped from leaving the country at Jinnah International Airport on 20th April.
Ayyan was told that her name still exists in ECL. On the grievance the super model approached the apex court seeking contempt of court proceedings against the responsible for not removing her name from ECL but the top court told her to move SHC regarding the issue.
The matter was started on 14th March 2015 when Ayyan was arrested from Benazir Bhutto Shaheed Airport Islamabad She was allegedly trying to smuggle half million US dollars. The passport of Ayyan and 500 000 were also confiscated by the customs authorities.
-
Ryan Coogler brands 'When Harry Met Sally' his most favourite rom com while discussing love for verstality
-
Justin Bieber rocked the world with bold move 15 years ago
-
Sam Levinson wins hearts with huge donation to Eric Dane GoFundMe
-
Liza Minnelli alleges she was ordered to use wheelchair at 2022 Academy Awards
-
Michael B. Jordan shares his thoughts on growing trend of live-action anime adaptations
-
Hilary Duff finally addresses Ashley Tisdale's 'toxic mom group' essay
-
Taye Diggs encourages people for early cancer detection after losing both his parents
-
Mia Goth reacts to ex-partner Shia LaBeouf's Mardi Gras arrest