PSP officers flay Nekokara dismissal
LAHOREFollowing the dismissal of SSP Muhammad Ali Nekokara from service, 25 officers of Police Service of Pakistan (PSP) held a meeting in Lahore and discussed strategy to express their strong concern over the issue. The senior police officers belonged to different districts including Lahore. They condemned the dismissal of Nekokara
By Arshad Dogar
April 03, 2015
LAHORE
Following the dismissal of SSP Muhammad Ali Nekokara from service, 25 officers of Police Service of Pakistan (PSP) held a meeting in Lahore and discussed strategy to express their strong concern over the issue.
The senior police officers belonged to different districts including Lahore. They condemned the dismissal of Nekokara from service for expressing difference of opinion over the use of force against the protesters of PAT and PTI.
They decided that in the first phase, they would write letters to the quarters concerned including Inspector General of Police to demand reversal of orders. If their demands were not met through letters then they will hold meetings with IGs, secretary establishment and government top brass. A police officer privy to the development said if the government did not pay heed to their humble requests then they will present enblock resignations. He added that the recent decision of government has belied the tall claims of Punjab Chief Minister and Prime Minister about depoliticising police department. They said on the one hand, the PM and CM laud the decision of officers on saying ‘No’ to the rulers but on the other they dismiss them from service when it comes to their own government. Other police officers said that if the government did not review its decision it will cause long-term impact on the morale and performance of police officers. The PSP Officers Association had also held a meeting couple of weeks back when the inquiry officer had recommended Nekokara’s dismissal from service to discuss the prevailing move of the government against senior, honest and competent police officers. The officers said Nekokara was convinced that if he used force then Model Town like tragedy or worse than that could happen. He conveyed his concern to the competent authority and thus wished to be posted out. Nekokara had opposed use of force and communicated his concern on the consequences of the potential use of force on the protesters to the Secretary Interior on 26 August 2014. Nekokara believed that use of force on a crowd of more than 30,000 including women and children by a loosely integrated force consisting of police units from Punjab Police, AJK Police and Railways Police in addition to Rangers and Levies with Islamabad Police entailed serious risk of misuse of authority and undue loss of human lives.
But as the government decided to use force on the protestors on August 30, 2014, his apprehensions proved correct as it led to loss of human lives and injuries to 500 people. Following the incident, two FIRs were registered in which Nekokara was also nominated.
The government had not only transferred him on August 31, 2014 but also stopped his salary since then. IG Balochistan, Muhammad Amlish, held inquiry into the incident and recommended dismissal of SSP Nekokara from service. The PSP officer got perturbed over the move and expressed their strong concern. However, the government was unmoved and finally issued notification of his dismissal from service.
Following the dismissal of SSP Muhammad Ali Nekokara from service, 25 officers of Police Service of Pakistan (PSP) held a meeting in Lahore and discussed strategy to express their strong concern over the issue.
The senior police officers belonged to different districts including Lahore. They condemned the dismissal of Nekokara from service for expressing difference of opinion over the use of force against the protesters of PAT and PTI.
They decided that in the first phase, they would write letters to the quarters concerned including Inspector General of Police to demand reversal of orders. If their demands were not met through letters then they will hold meetings with IGs, secretary establishment and government top brass. A police officer privy to the development said if the government did not pay heed to their humble requests then they will present enblock resignations. He added that the recent decision of government has belied the tall claims of Punjab Chief Minister and Prime Minister about depoliticising police department. They said on the one hand, the PM and CM laud the decision of officers on saying ‘No’ to the rulers but on the other they dismiss them from service when it comes to their own government. Other police officers said that if the government did not review its decision it will cause long-term impact on the morale and performance of police officers. The PSP Officers Association had also held a meeting couple of weeks back when the inquiry officer had recommended Nekokara’s dismissal from service to discuss the prevailing move of the government against senior, honest and competent police officers. The officers said Nekokara was convinced that if he used force then Model Town like tragedy or worse than that could happen. He conveyed his concern to the competent authority and thus wished to be posted out. Nekokara had opposed use of force and communicated his concern on the consequences of the potential use of force on the protesters to the Secretary Interior on 26 August 2014. Nekokara believed that use of force on a crowd of more than 30,000 including women and children by a loosely integrated force consisting of police units from Punjab Police, AJK Police and Railways Police in addition to Rangers and Levies with Islamabad Police entailed serious risk of misuse of authority and undue loss of human lives.
But as the government decided to use force on the protestors on August 30, 2014, his apprehensions proved correct as it led to loss of human lives and injuries to 500 people. Following the incident, two FIRs were registered in which Nekokara was also nominated.
The government had not only transferred him on August 31, 2014 but also stopped his salary since then. IG Balochistan, Muhammad Amlish, held inquiry into the incident and recommended dismissal of SSP Nekokara from service. The PSP officer got perturbed over the move and expressed their strong concern. However, the government was unmoved and finally issued notification of his dismissal from service.
-
UFOs Damage Human Brains? Stanford Scientist Makes Chilling Claims -
Paul Simon Says One Classic Hit Could Still Be Around In 100 Years -
Italy Shuts Down Piracy Network Linked To $348m Losses For Netflix -
Piers Morgan, Who Called Stephen Colbert A Hypocrite Over Kate Middleton, Reacts To His Last Show -
Katie Price Faces Doubt As She Releases Emotional Song For 'missing' Husband Lee Andrews -
Andrew Scott Describes His 'Pressure' Costar Brendan Fraser In Two Words -
China To Launch Shenzhou 23 Crew To Tiangong Space Station -
South Korea Warns AI Wealth Gap Could Fuel Labor Unrest -
Strait Of Hormuz Toll Revenue Talks: Iran, Oman Discuss Proposal Despite US Warning -
Coros CEO Explains Why AI Voice Is The Future Of Sports Watches -
Drake's Secret Formula For Going Viral Revealed By Comedian? -
Nvidia’s Jensen Huang Says $200 Billion CPU Market Forecast Includes China -
King Charles Lands In Big Trouble Over Andrew: 'Extremely Delicate' Position -
WiFi Tracking Tech Identifies People With Near-perfect Accuracy, Raising Surveillance Fears -
Meta’s New ‘Forum’ App Triggers 6% Drop In Reddit Stock -
'Meghan Markle Now Acknowledges Prince Harry Is A Problem'