As the days get hotter, you will feel a little low on energy, especially if you are fasting. An aromatic and flavourful herb, fennel seeds have a cooling effect on the body among many other health benefits. Here is a recipe for a super refreshing summer drink that you can definitely have with your iftar…
Fennel seeds ¼ cup
Hot water 1 cup
Black raisins ¼ cup
Rock sugar (misri) ¼ cup or as required
Ice (crushed) as required
Lemon juice 2 tbsp
- In grinder, add fennel seeds and grind to make powder.
- Transfer to a bowl, add hot water, mix well and let it soak it for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, add black raisins, a cup of hot water, mix well and let it soak for 1 hour.
- In a mortal & pestle, add rock sugar, crush well and set aside.
- In a blender jug, add strained raisins, soaked fennel powder along with a litre of water, crushed rock sugar and blend well.
- On a bowl, place a strainer, muslin cloth and strain sharbat and squeeze out completely. Discard the residue.
- In a jug, add crushed ice, saunf sharbat, lemon juice, stir and serve!
Courtesy: Food Fusion (Recipe by Seema Hanif)