Butter 1 cup
Brown Sugar 1 cup
Sugar ½ cup
Vanilla 1 tsp
Flour 2 cups + 2 tbsp
Baking Soda 1 tsp
Salt ½ tsp
Milk Chocolate Chunks ¾ cup
Semi-sweet Chocolate chips ¾ cup
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream as needed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a 10 or 12 inch cast-iron skillet, melt butter over medium heat stirring often, until it starts to bubble and is completely melted. Turn heat to low and add sugar and brown sugar, stirring well. Keep stirring until smooth and glossy.
- Chill for 10-15 minutes (you don’t want to add the eggs now or you will have scrambled eggs).
- Remove from refrigerator or freezer and add eggs and vanilla and stir well.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix in chocolate and stir to combine. Check to see if dough is at room temperature before adding chocolate to prevent melting.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 26 - 33 or until the edges are lightly golden brown. The inside will still be slightly gooey and that's the way it's meant to be. If the edges get too brown, place some foil over edges.
- The smaller the pan, the thicker the dough which means a longer cooking time.
- Top with vanilla bean ice cream and eat warm.
Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 26 mins
Courtesy: Modern Honey (Melissa Stadler)