‘Bheeda per eedoo’ (eggs on okra) is a traditional Parsi dish, which is the best way to get your family to relish vegetables with the protein.
Oil 3 tbsp
Onion (chopped) 1
Salt 1/4 tsp
Ladyfingers 1/4 kg
Sugar a pinch
- Heat oil, add the onion. Fry till golden brown.
- Discard the top of the ladyfingers and slice them into 1/4 inch pieces. Add them to the onion with the salt and sugar.
- Spread the ladyfingers in the pan and make 4-6 depressions (depends on the number of eggs being used) with the back of a spoon.
- Break the eggs in and sprinkle each one with salt and pepper.
- Cover the pan, lower the heat and cook till eggs are set.
- Serve immediately.