Out this week
- Firebird by Natalie Imbruglia: The sixth album by the Australian singer, her first album of original material since 2009’s Come to Life; includes the singles ‘Build It Better’, ‘Maybe It‘s Great’, and ‘On My Way’.
- Our Bande Apart by Third Eye Blind: The American rock band’s seventh album; comes after 2019’s Screamer; led by the single ‘Box of Bones’.
- The Guilty (starring Jake Gyllenhaal, Ethan Hawke, Riley Keough) – crime thriller, remake of the 2018 Danish film; assigned to a call dispatch desk, a demoted police officer (Gyllenhaal) receives an emergency phone call from a kidnapped woman.
- Intrusion (starring Freida Pinto, Logan Marshall-Green, Robert John Burke) – thriller; after moving to a small town with her husband, a woman (Pinto) is targeted for a home invasion.
- Dear Evan Hansen (starring Ben Platt, Amy Adams, Julianne Moore, Kaitlyn Dever) – musical drama, based on the 2015 stage musical; a high school senior (Platt) inserts himself into the life of a class fellow following the latter’s suicide.
- My Little Pony: A New Generation (starring Vanessa Hudgens, Kimiko Glenn, James Marsden, Sofia Carson) – animated fantasy comedy, based on Hasbro’s My Little Pony franchise; young Earth pony Sunny (Hudgens) and her new unicorn friend Izzy (Glenn) try to restore Harmony to Equestria.
Benjamin Schiff Platt
- Born on 24th September 1993 in Los Angeles, California, U.S
- Is the fourth of five children.
- Is the son of producer Marc Platt.
- Started appearing in theatre productions as a child.
- Had a supporting role in the film Pitch Perfect (2012) and its sequel (2015).
- Gained recognition for originating the titular role in Broadway musical Dear Evan Hansen (2015 – 2017) for which he won accolades including Tony, Emmy, and Grammy Awards. Has reprised the role in the 2021 film adaptation of the musical.
- Starred in the Netflix series The Politician (2019 – 2020).
- Has also released two albums: Sing to Me Instead (2019) and Reverie (2021).
- Upcoming projects include the films The People We Hate At The Wedding and Merrily We Roll Along (which will be filmed over 20 years).
Cast: Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Miku Martineau, Woody Harrelson, Tadanobu Asano, Michiel Huisman, Miyavi, Jun Kunimura
Director: Cedric Nicolas-Troyan
Tagline: There’s no time for mercy.
- Action thriller; after being poisoned and having only a day left to live, an assassin (Winstead) tries to get revenge on the people responsible for her death.
- Is set in Japan. Shooting locations included Japan, Thailand, and California.
- Has received mixed reviews, with critics praising the acting but criticising the derivative plot.
- Score composed by Lyle Vincent. Soundtrack features Japanese pop and rock music.