Out this week
- Camila by Camila Cabello: Debut solo album by the Cuban-American singer and former member of the girl group Fifth Harmony; includes the singles ‘Havana’ (featuring Young Thug) and ‘Never Be the Same’.
- The Commuter (starring Liam Neeson, Vera Farmiga, Jonathan Banks, Patrick Wilson) - action; on his daily commute home,an insurance salesman (Neeson) gets caught in a deadly criminal conspiracy.
- Humor Me (starring Jemaine Clement, Elliott Gould, Ingrid Michaelson, Annie Potts) - comedy; after falling on hard times, a playwright (Clement) gets a job at an old folks home and helps the elders put on a new play.
- Mary and the Witch’s Flower (with the voices of Ruby Barnhill, Kate Winslet, Jim Broadbent) - animation, English version of the 2017 Japanese anime film Meari to Majo no Hana; a strange flower gives magical powers to a girl (Barnhill).
75th Golden Globe Awards
- Best film, drama: Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
- Film, musical or comedy: Lady Bird
- Actor, drama: Gary Oldman - Darkest Hour
- Actress, drama: Frances McDormand - Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
- Actor, musical or comedy: James Franco - The Disaster Artist
- Actress, musical or comedy: Saoirse Ronan - Lady Bird
- Supporting actor: Sam Rockwell - Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
- Supporting actress: Allison Janney - I, Tonya
- Director: Guillermo del Toro - The Shape of Water
- Screenplay: Martin McDonagh - Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
- Animated film: Coco
- Foreign language film: In the Fade (Germany/France)
- Drama: The Handmaid’s Tale
- Musical or comedy: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
- Actor, drama: Sterling K. Brown - This Is Us
- Actress, drama: Elisabeth Moss - The Handmaid’s Tale
- Actor, musical or comedy: Aziz Ansari - Master of None
- Actress, musical or comedy: Rachel Brosnahan - The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
- Actor, miniseries: Ewan McGregor - Fargo
- Actress, miniseries: Nicole Kidman - Big Little Lies
- Supporting actor: Alexander Skarsgard - Big Little Lies
- Supporting actress: Laura Dern - Big Little Lies
- Miniseries: Big Little Lies
For the complete list of nominees and winners, visit
Zain Javadd Malik
- Born on 12th January 1993 in Bradford, West Yorkshire, England.
- Father is a British Pakistani and mother is of English and part Irish descent.
- Has an older sister, Doniya, and two younger sisters, Waliyha and Safaa.
- Originally wanted to become an English teacher.
- Became interested in performing as a teenager.
- Auditioned for the reality TV competition The X Factor’s seventh series in 2010 at the age of 17. Was eliminated from the competition before being grouped with fellow contestant Harry Styles, Niall Horan, Liam Payne, and Louis Tomlinson to form the boy band One Direction which ultimately finished in third place in the competition.
- Went on to have massive success with the group, releasing four albums and touring the world before leaving the band in 2015 to pursue a solo career.
- Released his solo debut album, Mind of Mine, in 2016.
- Is currently working on his second album.
- Is also set to make a cameo appearance in the upcoming film Ocean’s 8 (2018).
- Was engaged to Little Mix singer Perrie Edwards from 2013 to 2015 before they ended their relationship. Has been dating model Gigi Hadid since 2015
Also born today: Pixie Lott, Naya Rivera, Issa Rae, Melanie C, Jeff Bezos, Oliver Platt, Howard Stern