Out this week
* Low Key by Brendan Benson: Eighth album by the American musician; comes after 2020’s Dear Life; led by the single ‘Ain’t No Good’.
Indigo by RM: Debut solo album by the BTS rapper; includes the songs ‘Yun’ (with Erykah Badu), ‘Still Life’ (with Anderson .Paak), ‘Closer’ (with Paul Blanco and Mahalia), and ‘Playing with Wildflowers’ (with Youjeen).
* Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules (with the voices of Brady Noon, Hunter Dillon, Ethan William Childress) – animation, based on Jeff Kinney’s 2008 book, sequel to 2021’s Diary of a Wimpy Kid; at the start of a new school term, Greg (Noon) and his older brother Rodrick (Dillon) squabble while their parents attempt to have them bond.
* Lady Chatterley’s Lover (starring Emma Corrin, Jack O’Connell, Matthew Duckett, Joely Richardson) – romantic drama, based on the 1928 D. H. Lawrence novel; an unhappily married aristocratic woman (Corrin) begins an affair with a gamekeeper (O’Connell).
* Emancipation (starring Will Smith, Ben Foster, Charmaine Bingwa, Steven Ogg) – historical thriller, based on a true story; an enslaved man (Smith) escapes from a plantation after being whipped nearly to death.
* Violent Night (starring David Harbour, John Leguizamo, Cam Gigandet, Alex Hassell) – black comedy; Santa Claus (Harbour) steps in after a group of mercenaries attack the estate of a wealthy family on Christmas Eve.
Cast: Amy Adams, Patrick Dempsey, Maya Rudolph, Yvette Nicole Brown, Jayma Mays, Gabriella Baldacchino, Idina Menzel, James Marsden
Director: Adam Shankman
Tagline: Happily never after.
* Musical fantasy; Giselle (Adams) questions her happiness 15 years after her ‘happily ever after’.
* Is the sequel to 2007’s Enchanted.
* Had been in development since 2010.
* Has received negative reviews from critics who praised the performances (especially Adams’) but thought it lacked cleverness and magic.
* Score composed by Alan Menken.
Britney Jean Spears
* Born on 2nd December 1981 in McComb, Mississippi, U.S.
* Has an older brother, Bryan, and younger sister, Jamie.
*Parents divorced in 2002.
* Started attending dance, gymnastics, and voice lessons as a child.
* Was a contestant on the television show Star Search (1992).
* Appeared on The Mickey Mouse Club from 1992 to 1994.
* Gained global recognition with the release of her debut single ‘...Baby One More Time’ in 1998.
* Has released nine albums so far: ...Baby One More Time (1999), Oops!... I Did It Again (2000), Britney (2001), In the Zone (2003), Blackout (2007), Circus (2008), Femme Fatale (2011), Britney Jean (2013), and Glory (2016).
* Has been married thrice: to childhood friend Jason Allen Alexander (2004 to 2004; annulled after 55 hours) , dancer Kevin Federline (2004 to 2007; divorced) , and model Sam Asghari (2022 to present). Has two sons with Federline.
* Was in a conservatorship from 2008 to 2021, the management of which caused controversy and family rift throughout.
* Has signed a $15 million book deal for her upcoming memoir.