Sylvester Stallone breaks silence on reports about his return for 'Creed III'
Sylvester Stallone will not be taking part in the MGM boxing instalment
Hollywood's dashing star Sylvester Stallone has confirmed that he will not be returning as Rocky Balboa in upcoming thriller 'Creed III'.
The actor, who previously starred in two films, will not be taking part in the MGM boxing instalment. No additional explanation was offered as to why, his publicist has confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.
Jordan will make his directorial debut with 'Creed III', which is currently due for release on November 23.
Stallone starred in six "Rocky" movies as the boxing champion and then again in the two "Creed" films as a mentor/trainer to Michael B. Jordan's Adonis "Donnie" Johnson Creed -- the son of Balboa's former rival/friend Apollo Creed (Carl Weathers).
Thompson and Jordan will star in the new film, which is being written by Keenan Coogler and Zach Baylin based on an outline by Creed director Ryan Coogler.
Jordan previously shared words about new movie, saying: "Directing has always been an aspiration, but the timing had to be right."
-
Eric Dane says touching goodbye to daughters Billie and Georgia in new Netflix documentary
-
Channing Tatum reveals what he told daughter after violent incident at school
-
Denise Richards doubles down on abuse claims against ex husband Aaron Phypers amid show return
-
Gwyneth Paltrow reveals deep personal connection with Kate Hudson
-
Hilary Duff tears up talking about estranged sister Haylie Duff
-
Inside Hilary Duff's supportive marriage with husband Matthew Koma amid new album release
-
Daniel Radcliffe admits to being self conscious while filming 'Harry Potter' in late teens
-
Eric Dane infuriated after ALS diagnosis as he feared the disease would take him away from his girls