Siraj flays govt over IS threat
LAHORE
Jamaat-e-Islami Ameer Senator Sirajul Haq has said the real threat to the nation is the IS ruling the country, exploiting the masses and usurping their basic rights.
Rulers are harassing the masses by talking of ISIS threat but are not ready to protect life and property of public although they have long security fleet for themselves, he said while talking to media on Monday after visiting Township main market and meeting with traders.
Sirajul Haq said it was the biggest form of terrorism that medicines were costly while death was so cheap. It was deplorable that rulers were asking schools to arrange security for their students instead of doing it themselves which was their basic duty.
He said that governments kept on changing but the fate of the common man remained unchanged. He said masses wanted a Pakistan where every citizen could enjoy basic facilities of health, education and jobs on merit. The country had around eight million jobless youths of which 60 percent were living below poverty line, he said, adding that incompetent relatives of the rulers were holding high official posts whereas highly qualified and talented youths from poor families were constrained to work as vendors.
He said entire government machinery right from the Prime Minister down to the Patwari promptly implemented the laws relating to their perks and privileges but turned a blind eye to the laws concerning the rights of general public. He said masses wanted a corruption-free and prosperous Pakistan, and added that the JI would begin its campaign against corruption from Punjab capital. He said the drive against corruption was not aimed at achieving political goal but it was a national drive meant to protect the country. He said if huge amount of plundered wealth lying in the foreign banks was recovered, country would be freed from the clutches of the IMF and the World Bank.
Criticising the prevailing system of accountability, Siraj said accountability should be above board. He said as long as big plunderers were not put behind bars, the menace of corruption could not come to an end.
probe: Jamaat-e-Islami Naib Ameer Rashid Naseem has demanded the Supreme Court to take suo motu notice of allegation that the Sindh government had plundered Rs900 billion of public money, levelled by MQM MPAs on the floor of Sindh Assembly.Addressing the JI office-bearers at Mansoora on Monday, he said earlier, the PPP had levelled similar allegations against the MQM. He said both PPP and MQM had been coalition partners in Sindh and were aware of each other’s misdeeds and plunder.
He said a thorough inquiry should be held into these allegations and the facts be brought before public for their awakening.
-
King Charles Lands In The Line Of Fire Because Of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor -
Denise Richards Doubles Down On Abuse Claims Against Ex Husband Aaron Phypers Amid Show Return -
Russia Set To Block Overseas Crypto Exchanges In Sweeping Crackdown -
Gwyneth Paltrow Reveals Deep Personal Connection With Kate Hudson -
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle’s Game Plan For Beatrice, Eugenie: ‘Extra Popcorn For This Disaster’ -
OpenAI To Rollout AI Powered Smart Speakers By 2027 -
Is Dakota Johnsons Dating Younger Pop Star After Breakup With Coldplay Frontman Chris Martin? -
Hilary Duff Tears Up Talking About Estranged Sister Haylie Duff -
US Supreme Court Strikes Down Trump’s Global Tariffs As 'unlawful' -
Kelly Clarkson Explains Decision To Quit 'The Kelly Clarkson Show' -
Inside Hilary Duff's Supportive Marriage With Husband Matthew Koma Amid New Album Release -
Daniel Radcliffe Admits To Being Self Conscious While Filming 'Harry Potter' In Late Teens -
Director Beth De Araujo Alludes To Andrew's Arrest During Child Trauma Talk -
'Harry Potter' Alum Daniel Radcliffe Gushes About Unique Work Ethic Of Late Co Star Michael Gambon -
Video Of Andrew 'consoling' Eugenie Resurfaces After Release From Police Custody -
Japan: PM Takaichi Flags China ‘Coercion,’ Pledges Defence Security Overhaul