close
Advertisement
Can't connect right now! retry

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!

add The News to homescreen

tap to bring up your browser menu and select 'Add to homescreen' to pin the The News web app

Got it!
Advertisement

‘9,000 Baloch youth killed in struggle for rights’

Top Story

January 20, 2016

Share

DALLAS: Abdul Qadeer Baloch (Mama Qadeer), the leader of ‘Voice for Bloch Missing Persons’ organisation, and Farzana Majeed, active leader for the rights of Baloch people, said that 9,000 Baloch people were killed from 2004 to date and 35,000 were still missing in struggle for their rights. 

They said that the door of justice had been closed for them in Pakistan and now they came to the US to knock the door of United Nations in this regard. They said that in the third phase of their long march, they have started preparation to launch long march from Washington DC to the United Nations office in New York.

Earlier, the organisation ‘Voice for Baloch Missing Persons’ had conducted long march from Quetta to Karachi and then Karachi to Islamabad for the recovery of missing Baloch youths. Farzana Majeed said that the purpose of long march of third phase was to highlight before the world human rights violations and forced disappearances in Balochistan.

 

 

Advertisement

Comments

Advertisement

Topstory minus plus

Opinion minus plus

Newspost minus plus

Editorial minus plus

National minus plus

World minus plus

Sports minus plus

Business minus plus

Karachi minus plus

Lahore minus plus

Islamabad minus plus

Peshawar minus plus