Known Sikh hakeem shot dead in Peshawar
PESHAWAR: Unidentified attackers gunned down a known hakeem belonging to the Sikh community here on Thursday.
Sources said that Hakeem Sardar Satnam Singh was sitting in his dawakhana (clinic) on the Charsadda Road in the limits of Faqirabad Police Station when gunmen opened fire on him, leaving him seriously injured.
The attackers managed to escape. The injured Hakeem was taken to Lady Reading Hospital but he succumbed to his injuries. "We have collected empties and other evidence from the spot," said an official, adding, a high-level team had been constituted to investigate the case. Satnam Singh was a popular hakeem in the city. He was also the president of the Tehreek Tajdeed-e-Tibb, Peshawar chapter.
The Sikh community and people from different walks of life condemned the murder and demanded an early arrest of the killers. A few other Sikh community members were also killed in different attacks in Peshawar and other districts over the last several years.
The last incident was in January last year when a Sikh youth from Shangla, Parvinder Singh, was shot dead in Mardan and his body was dumped in Peshawar. Police later worked out the case and arrested his fiancée. The investigators said she had hired a target killer to kill Parvinder as she did not want to marry him.
Another Sikh community member, Charanjeet Singh, was shot dead at the Scheme Chowk on the Kohat Road in 2018. In April 2016, a member of the KP Assembly Sardar Suran Singh was killed in Buner. Some media outlets had reported militants claimed responsibility of the murder. Police, however, later arrested six persons, including a minority politician for involvement in the murder of Suran Singh. In 2010, two Sikhs were beheaded after they were kidnapped while another two were rescued by the security forces.
-
Sarah Pidgeon Explains Key To Portraying Carolyn Bessette Kennedy -
Justin Bieber Rocked The World With Bold Move 15 Years Ago -
Sam Levinson Wins Hearts With Huge Donation To Eric Dane GoFundMe -
Kate Middleton Steps Out First Time Since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Arrest -
Inside Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi's 'private' Marriage With Husband Jionni LaValle Amid Health Scare -
Germany’s Ruling Coalition Backs Social Media Ban For Children Under 14 -
Meghan Markle Shuts Down Harry’s Hopes Of Reconnecting With ‘disgraced’ Uncle -
Liza Minnelli Alleges She Was Ordered To Use Wheelchair At 2022 Academy Awards -
Quinton Aaron Reveals Why He Does Not Want To Speak To Wife Margarita Ever Again -
Prince William And Kate's Photos With Andrew Used In New Campaign Against Royals -
Touching Eric Dane Moment With Daughter Emerges After Viral Final Words -
Kate Middleton Quietly Backs Princess Beatrice, Eugenie As Andrew Scandal Intensifies -
Michael B. Jordan Shares His Thoughts On Growing Trend Of Live-action Anime Adaptations -
Why Mikaela Shiffrin Celebrated Olympic Gold With Taylor Swift Song? -
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Was Mentioned In Epstein Email Sent Before His Death -
'Dump Eugenie And Beatrice': Andrew's Daughters Face Backlash After His Arrest