No food items at sasta bazaar in Gulberg
PESHAWAR: Residents of Gulberg locality near the cantonment on Monday complained that the government had failed to establish a Sasta Bazaar in their locality despite the pitching of tents along the roads for the last more than four days.
Several area residents told The News that the Sasta Bazaar was a good step for providing some relief to the people but the people responsible for organizing it had handled it poorly.
A milkman in the area, Rahim Gul, said that he regularly visited the tents to check whether or not the food items had been provided to the Sasta Bazaar for onward sale to the masses.
He said the administration should have ensured the food items supply to the bazaar before erecting the tents at the venue. Rahim Gul said that he was a poor man and was delighted when the tents were erected in the area. “It is unfortunate that almost a week has passed but the tented bazaar has yet to receive the supply of various commodities,” he added.
Another shopkeeper, Hassan Ali, said that poor people asked him about the supply to the bazaar when they visited it and found it deserted. He said that the government was playing with the sentiments of people.
The resident said that when the government could not provide the daily use commodities to the people, it should not have established the bazaar in the area.
Karim Khan, who sells fruit on a pushcart in the locality, said that Ramazan would end but the people would not get any food item at the bazaar. He said that the government apparently was not interested to ensure food items to poor people. However, he said, with this level of incompetency, the government was losing credibility. “The Sasta Bazaar was a good step but the authority did not show seriousness about the matter”, he added.
On April 13, Chief Secretary Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Kazim Niaz inaugurated Ramazan Sasta Bazaar. After the establishment of such bazaars, the district administration had claimed that the chief secretary had directed the administration to take tangible steps to provide essential food items to the masses at affordable prices during the holy month of Ramazan.
The administration had also claimed that 50 mobile bazaars across the city would provide food items to the masses at discounted rates.
-
Gwyneth Paltrow Reveals Deep Personal Connection With Kate Hudson -
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle’s Game Plan For Beatrice, Eugenie: ‘Extra Popcorn For This Disaster’ -
OpenAI To Rollout AI Powered Smart Speakers By 2027 -
Is Dakota Johnsons Dating Younger Pop Star After Breakup With Coldplay Frontman Chris Martin? -
Hilary Duff Tears Up Talking About Estranged Sister Haylie Duff -
US Supreme Court Strikes Down Trump’s Global Tariffs As 'unlawful' -
Kelly Clarkson Explains Decision To Quit 'The Kelly Clarkson Show' -
Inside Hilary Duff's Supportive Marriage With Husband Matthew Koma Amid New Album Release -
Daniel Radcliffe Admits To Being Self Conscious While Filming 'Harry Potter' In Late Teens -
Director Beth De Araujo Alludes To Andrew's Arrest During Child Trauma Talk -
Video Of Andrew 'consoling' Eugenie Resurfaces After Release From Police Custody -
'Harry Potter' Alum Daniel Radcliffe Gushes About Unique Work Ethic Of Late Co Star Michael Gambon -
Japan: PM Takaichi Flags China ‘Coercion,’ Pledges Defence Security Overhaul -
Angorie Rice Spills The Beans On Major Details From Season 2 Of ' The Last Thing He Told Me' -
Teacher Arrested After Confessing To Cocaine Use During Classes -
Questions Raised Over Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's Line Of Succession