Nine Daesh commanders among 12 terrorists killed in Mastung
QUETTA: In sequel to the ongoing Operation Raddul Fasaad, security forces conducted an Intelligence Based Operation (IBO) in Splinji, Mastung, and killed 12 suspected terrorists including nine commanders of banned outfit (Daesh).
The security forces successfully foiled suspected major terrorist activities in Balochistan, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) here on Sunday said. The operation lasted for two days as the terrorists were hiding inside a cave and were planning, coordinating and executing terrorist activities in the province.
An exchange of fire took place which resulted in the killing of 12 hardcore terrorists besides causing injuries to five security men, including two officers. -- APP AFP adds: It was suspected that the group was holding two recently-kidnapped Chinese nationals.
"Some 12-13 IS commanders have been killed after intense gunbattles and the area was cleared late Saturday," he said, but added that the Chinese pair could not be recovered from the scene despite the presence of the vehicle used in their kidnapping nearby.
IS has been making inroads in the country through alliances with local militant outfits such as Lashkar-e-Jhangvi and Jamaatul Ahrar, though its presence is generally downplayed by the government.
Security forces also seized six suicide jackets, a cache of ammunition, explosives, detonators, solar panels and food rations, a security official said, adding the cave was a base used by the IS to plan attacks across the country.
The two Chinese workers were abducted last month in Quetta, raising safety concerns for Beijing’s multi-billion-dollar investments in the country. One Chinese woman managed to escape as the men began firing in the air to scare off onlookers. A passerby, Muhammad Zahir, was shot as he tried to prevent the abduction.
-
Giant Tortoise Reintroduced To Island After Almost 200 Years -
Eric Dane Drops Raw Confession For Rebecca Gayheart In Final Interview -
Trump Announces New 10% Global Tariff After Supreme Court Setback -
Influencer Dies Days After Plastic Surgery: Are Cosmetic Procedures Really Safe? -
Eric Dane Confesses Heartbreaking Regret About Daughters' Weddings Before Death -
Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi Reveals Stage 1 Cervical Cancer Diagnosis -
Hilary Duff’s Son Roasts Her Outfit In New Album Interview -
Alexandra Daddario, Andrew Form Part Ways After 3 Years Of Marriage -
Eric Dane Rejected Sex Symbol Label -
Avan Jogia Says Life With Fiancee Halsey Feels Like 'coming Home' -
Kate Middleton's Role In Handling Prince William And Harry Feud Revealed -
Tucker Carlson Says Passport Seized, Staff Member Questioned At Israel Airport -
David, Victoria Beckham Gushes Over 'fiercely Loyal' Son Cruz On Special Day -
Taylor Swift Made Sure Jodie Turner-Smith's Little Girl Had A Special Day On 'Opalite' Music Video Set -
Eric Dane Says Touching Goodbye To Daughters Billie And Georgia In New Netflix Documentary -
Channing Tatum Reveals What He Told Daughter After Violent Incident At School